Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:14 PM

Default I\'m sure a lot of affiliatess have already thought about pokerstars

But I'll ask anyway: Have any of the big time affiliates approached pokerstars about offering a rakeback deal to their high volume players? Maybe limit it to people with mgr's of 5K+ (or whatever)?

If I was a large affiliate I would contact somebody over there and say, "Hey, I've got a huge group of high volume players that I can persuade to join your site if you give them (and us) 25-30 percent". Wouldn't this be win/win/win for everybody? Surely pokerstars would like to have approximately 70% of all that rake instead of us all going somewhere else or just staying on party. Anyways, I was just curious if anybody has actually brought up this idea to them.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: I\'m sure a lot of affiliatess have already thought about pokerstars

Just what I need, more tight players on Stars...
Old 10-10-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: I\'m sure a lot of affiliatess have already thought about pokerstars

I think that is a great idea!! do you have a lrge group of 5K+MGR in your stable?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:02 PM

I would love it if this happened.

In the other thread I said that I'd move over to PokerStars if they offered 20%.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love it if this happened.

In the other thread I said that I'd move over to PokerStars if they offered 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-10-2005, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe limit it to people with mgr's of 5K+

[/ QUOTE ]

How many players with MGR of 5K+ do you assume there to be? (I can tell you in advance that your guess is way too high) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: They have this

Its called Empire and the rest of the old party network.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:29 AM

Default Re: I\'m sure a lot of affiliatess have already thought about pokerstar

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe limit it to people with mgr's of 5K+

[/ QUOTE ]

How many players with MGR of 5K+ do you assume there to be? (I can tell you in advance that your guess is way too high) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're probably right. So let's say 2k then. The actual number doesn't really matter, it just has to be whatever pokerstars would be most comfortable with. Have any affiliates tried this?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: I\'m sure a lot of affiliatess have already thought about pokerstar

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you're probably right. So let's say 2k then. The actual number doesn't really matter, it just has to be whatever pokerstars would be most comfortable with. Have any affiliates tried this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right the actual number doesn't really matter... but using 2K as an example, this number does... 2K out of 2mil = 0.01% of the player population.

There are poker star affiliates, but PS has chosen to use a CPA (cost per aquisition), rather than a recurring revenue model.

FWIW, Odoylerules was/is shopping around for deals from poker sites for Odoylesarmy (high volume players).