Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Any sites allowing play from India?

I was in New Delhi last month and played for a few hours on poker stars. Don't know about partypoker though. Kind of fuuny because in case you didnt know party poker is owned by an Indian guy.

Also played Indian poker while I was there. It's a three card game and is called Flush.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:25 AM

Did you actually go there by choice? I guess you've been to all the others on the list of must see places. Don't order the steak.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:08 AM

I have tons of family there. Lots to do as well but there's always time for a couple of hours of online play :-)
Old 12-10-2004, 07:18 AM

I've got both of my little ones here, Andy. It's been a lot of fun but the traffic in my hometown of Bangalore has become maddening (it used to be one of the best cities in India as far as traffic control was concerned but the IT era - Bangalore is India's answer to Silicon Valley - has greatly incrased the population here).

I am now in some remote part of Northern India visiting family. Hoping to get to Kashmir sometime next week.

My father in law belongs to a club here where they play cards for money. Unfortunately, they have never heard of hold 'em or even poker for that matter at least as we know it. Their game of choice is Gin rummy or "flash" - a 3 card poker game which as far as I can tell has very little skill to it.
Old 12-10-2004, 01:38 PM

All IP addresses (eg: 123.456.789.123) are globally allocated on a regional basis. When you originally signed up to party poker the first parts of the IP address will have narrowed your location down to a specific region and IP supplier.
My guess is that PP are preventing fraud by preventing logons to accounts outside of the originating country in which the account was created.

Try Emailing them a few days prior to a change of country and see if that helps.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:07 PM

I'm glad you weren't offended by my awful attempt at humour. The minute I hit the submit button I realized it could be easily taken as arrogant, sarcastic and obnoxious. Those three things aren't something to be proud of.

The architecture must be beautiful. Have a good time.