Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Status quo on this one?

Right, so it's PP 30-60 and we're ten handed. I've been at the table for three hours and I'm playing pretty tight because i was at work and wasn't bored enough to open up a new bag of tricks. There are three players in the game that are mediocre at best, and that's why i'm playing while i'm at work, also why I was playing tight. This hand might seem very standard, but I'd like you guys to critique, applaud, or bash all to hell if your heart so desires.

Tex is SB, K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Folds around to CO, who raises. ( mediocre player, playing aggressive, but not playing a lot of hands, either)

Button folds, I three bet, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I lead, CO raises, I call.

Turn 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, CO checks behind.

River 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet....

Boringly standard here?

What is villain raising with here on the flop, to, presumably, take a free card besides the obvious choice....?

BTW, do you think small pockets pay off in this spot or do they generally fold without an A or a J???