Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Your NFL Draft Board

[ QUOTE ]

but i think the bears desperately need a receiver. specially with the recent terrell departure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I meant by a burner. They definitely need a fast down the field receiver. Here's hoping.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:48 PM

After signing Greenwood, they cut (after failing to trade) Jamie Sharper and Jay Foreman (two of their top tacklers over the past three years) to free up cap space. They keep getting younger, but are they getting better? This year will likely be the end of the honeymoon period for the team.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
8. Arizona Cardinals - Aaron Rodgers QB Cal

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...look out Mel Kiper, Jr.

Have you been paying attention at all!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mel Kiper is a joke in most league circles, and most avid draft fans think the same thing. I have a couple of friends that are scouts for NFL teams. At the Senior Bowl this year most of the scouts/league personel were blasting Kiper for how bad his talent evaluation has been the past few years and how little he actually knows. Lately Kiper just takes the guys that run the fastest in a straight line and puts them at the top of his big board.

I mean take Adam Jones for example. In college Jones was a good CB, but not in the class of someone like Antrel Rolle. In 2003, when Antrel completely shut down Larry Fitzgerald for an entire game, Jones let up well over 150 yards in receiving and looked completely lost all day. Suddenly at the end of this past season he shoots up Mel Kipers board because he's going to run a low 4.3 40. Ronnie Brown, a BACKUP in college who played behind one of the best offensive lines in the country, is his #1 player in the draft because he ran a 4.3 40. Please tell me when the [censored] a back runs for 40 yards in a straight line. He even has a guy who played Division II ball AND DIDN'T EVEN PRODUCE going at the end of the first round because he ran a high 4.2 40.

Mel Kiper is absolutely clueless, and if you ask anyone who actually follows the draft or is involved in the league they'll tell you the same thing. If they actually had respect for him/his opinion he'd be working for an NFL team by now. But after what, 15-20 years he's still working for ESPN. Let that marinate.

As for Rodgers, he's not a top 5 player talent wise in this draft. In order it would go Braylon Edwards, Antrel Rolle, Derrick Johnson, Cedric Benson, Carnell/Ronnie (tossup).
Old 04-20-2005, 01:25 PM

My reference to Mel Kiper had nothing to do with my perception of his knowledge. It had to do with your so called Draft board. YOU ARE INSANE if you think Rodgers goes 8th.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this correct? And it's the 25th pick in the first that they're giving up? WTF are the Skins doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blowing their load early so someone moves in front of them to grab the QB they want.... after they drafted a QB 3 years ago and have other pressing needs on both sides of the ball.

wtf is going on...

-d
Old 04-20-2005, 02:18 PM

1) SF - Alex Smith
2) MIN (trade w/Miami) - Braylon Edwards
3) CLE - Aaron Rodgers
4) CHI - Ronnie Brown
5) TB - Mike Williams
6) TEN - Anrel Rolle
7) MIA - Cedric Benson
8) ARI - Cadillac Williams (unless they trade for Henry)
9) WAS - Pacman Jones
10) DET - Derrick Johnson
11) DAL - Shawne Merriman
Old 04-20-2005, 02:36 PM

Insane? If SF takes Edwards (which we should) and Tampa trades up to #2 to grab Alex Smith then it's very conceivable that he'll fall to #8 (his agent even has been quoted as saying if SF doesn't pick him #1 then it's quite conceivable he could fall out of the top 10 which is why he's not demanding the money that Smiths agent is). Crennell is eyeing Johnson and his value there is much better than Rodgers, Chicago would go with Mike Williams/a back at #4, Dolphins would go with a back at #5, and TN/Min don't need a QB this early. There's a general consensus around the league that there's a very small talent gap between Smith/Rodgers and guys like Campbell/Frye. Teams picking in the top 5 who might be eyeing a QB would be better served to get the BPA and then look to grab a QB in the 2nd.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:15 PM

Why wouldn't the Dolphins go for a QB?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:17 PM

Might one assume that your UserName is in reference to the board game? If so, you rock!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't the Dolphins go for a QB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor is that Saban has decided he'll give Feeley a shot. Besides they have more pressing needs. A QB isn't going to do any good w/o a RB and line.