Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 11:26 PM

Default six 33$ or ten 22$ ?

I am playing six 33$ sng's at PP but maybe playing ten 22$ tables could be better. Any suggestion? Is the level very different from one level to the other? I have played about 200 sng's , should i wait and keep playing for 1000 sng's and then make considerations? Thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: six 33$ or ten 22$ ?

[ QUOTE ]
I have played about 200 sng's

[/ QUOTE ]

Six is more than you should be playing. Baby steps. There's no way to learn the fundamentals playing six games at a time, unless you put in some major study hours on your downtime. 200 SNGs is nothing. That's like two busy days for a lot of posters.

Two SNGs at any level would probably be much more beneficial to you longerm than either of your choices.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but I don't see how anyone can learn the fundamentals of the game jumping in head first like that. SNGs are a science, and if you can master the basics, it'll pay off for you tenfold in due time.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:41 PM

I have played sng's for a lot of time , this is not the first time i play this man. I know the basics , the 200 sng's is my new poker tracker database , i have played a lot of 22's and even about 300 55's. I just want to settle my game and then move up in limits. So for a more or less experience player what would you recommend? thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 11:49 PM

This is so straightforward - it just depends what your immediate goals are.

If you want to make the most money right now, play whatever gives you the highest hourly rate. Just be sure to recognize that it's pretty easy for you ROI to deteriorate dramatically once you hit a certain treshhold for number of tables. This number will obviously vary from person to person depending on your multitabling skills.

If you'd rather further develop you skills to eventually move up in the SNG world, I'd recommend playing fewer tables at higher stakes, provided it's within your bankroll.

There's really no right answer to this question - you'll have to weigh your options, and make a decision.