Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Party 10/20 vs a very specific player. Do you alter your play?

Limper is 25/0/.64 over 2400 hands and plays 1 or 2 tables (you 10/20 guys have to know him by his standout pf raise stat - he has raised exactly 1 time in 2400 hands), WSD 37% and W$SD 57%. Has recently become more aggressive, it seems. He now plays 15/30, 20/40, occasionally 30/60 but 10/20 is his staple.

BB is 36/10/1.4 over 300 hands

MP2 limps, I post in CO and check my A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]and the BB checks

9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, MP2 calls, I call (with bad intentions)

3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, MP2 raises, I ???
Old 12-08-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Party 10/20 vs a very specific player. Do you alter your play?

With a 3rd player still in the hand I think you have an easy decision... call. If the 3rd player sees the river, go for the overcall there as well. If not, raise the river.

This guy is so passive and he can easily hold a very big hand. You really only want to get 1 more BB out of him, since if he raises again you're probably in big trouble. In light of that, collect that bet safely from the 3rd player for as long as you can.

good luck.
eric

PS. If the 3rd player raises and the passive guy now just calls, go for the limp-reraise...
Old 12-08-2005, 03:58 AM

call turn and get 2 opponent bets in the river one way or another. also, what was the one hand he raised with just outta curiousity?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:35 AM

I think you should just raise the flop. As it is, go ahead and just call the turn. If BB folds the turn then I think you're missing out on too much not to raise the river, but just call a 3bet.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:36 AM

calling the turn likely gets the same amount of money in the pot and doesn't cost you a bunch when your passive friend has 99. it' unlikely that he has 99, but it's not worth risking since you're gonna get the same amount in anyway.
the river is more debatable. I'd probably raise and hope that BB calls two cold with a reasonable ace or some other 3.

-WT
Old 12-08-2005, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limper is 25/0/.64 over 2400 hands and plays 1 or 2 tables (you 10/20 guys have to know him by his standout pf raise stat - he has raised exactly 1 time in 2400 hands), WSD 37% and W$SD 57%. Has recently become more aggressive, it seems. He now plays 15/30, 20/40, occasionally 30/60 but 10/20 is his staple.

BB is 36/10/1.4 over 300 hands

MP2 limps, I post in CO and check my A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]and the BB checks

9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, MP2 calls, I call (with bad intentions)

3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets, MP2 raises, I ???

[/ QUOTE ]

appear to have screwed up. I raised because I was not willing at this point to credit him with either of the 2 hands that I fear. BB folded and villain called.

T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain bets, I raised like the spewing geyser that occassionaly erupts from a mild case ot tilt. Villain calls and flips over AA.

I guess that I "looked" like I had quads. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I gotta learn to really trust the numbers after >2000 hands.