Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-28-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Program

You said that if you have rakeback at Party and play at Stars anyway, you are a damn fool.

There are good reasons to play places other than Party, even if you have rakeback, such as "game selection".
Old 12-29-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Supernova VIP fpp bonus equals about 60% rakeback compared to Party.

Depending on what you play and how you use your fpps ofcourse but I got 60% as the highest possible rakeback compared to Party when playing on stars. (which means I included the lower rake as "rakeback").

You'll have to figure out what games to play to get that for yourselfs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

60% rakeback at Supernova status just seems absurd, unless you're playing a real juicy game without playing many hands yourself. The most you can get is 28% based on my math.

If you play $100+10 sit and go's you'll get 50 FPP per. If you are Supernova that means you'll get 175 FPPs for that. The value of one FPP is ~1.6 cents, so 175 FPP = $2.80. Obviously $2.80 is 28% of $10, so you're generally getting about 28% rakeback at this level.

Maybe in ring games your #s will be a little better, but I can't imagine how 60% is possible.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:40 PM

think he meant 60% OF what party's would be.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:37 PM

I would really like to play at stars, even if I took a slight cut in rakeback. The problem is their mid-limit game selection sucks.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would really like to play at stars...a slight cut in rakeback...their mid-limit game selection sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm....makes sense to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2005, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So your ballpark estimate turns Stars VIP into 20% rakeback at supernova status. Now please explain to me how this is better than 25% rakeback. For all the hype that Lee Jones gave us, how is 20% rakeback NOT pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the inability of you people to stop blathering about rakeback on Party... I would take a secure 20%, over the 25% that can and probably willo be terminated without notice.

Stars can offer a lower actual percentage... because we all know they will stand by it. Meanwhile the Party Rakeback Affiliates, hold their breath every month... just hoping this won't be the month where the plug is pulled.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars can offer a lower actual percentage... because we all know they will stand by it. Meanwhile the Party Rakeback Affiliates, hold their breath every month... just hoping this won't be the month where the plug is pulled.

[/ QUOTE ]

what a terrific point

guaranteed nightly lay of an 8/10 vs bangin your 9/10 HS girlfriend on her parents' couch wondering when they're coming downstairs
Old 12-29-2005, 11:18 PM

10:15 PM EST and there are 2 people playing stud 8 above the 3/6 level on stars. Zero players above 10/20.