Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2004, 07:22 PM

Default going all in early

Last W.E. while playing a $200.No limet H.E. torney [I won the seat by winning a $24.one table satilite,but this proubly has no concequence]I was delt A/Qs,,raised [up front]the 15/30 blinds $100.everyone folded except the button who raised his stack to $1000. which would also put me all in..Well the best hand won his A/Ko held up.I normally dont like to go all/in before the flop with a full table [unless I hold A/A,or K/K]At the time I decieded to make the call because there were 1500+ entreys and I had very little time and money envolved...Is this bad thinking ? mayby my way of justifing proubly gambling ?How about some feed back..and Thanks in advance...
Old 01-21-2004, 01:44 PM

Default Re: going all in early

if there are alot of people in the tourney i have looked to double up or get a chip lead early. Although I personally would not do it with AQs before the flop.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: going all in early

For me, anyway, AQ is one of those "danger" hands that get me in trouble. This is one of those "only raise if you can comfortable throw it away on a reraise" kind of hands, and I think you have to do it here. Any pair has you at at least a coin flip, and you are in big trouble against AK, QQ, KK, or AA. Unless you have a clear read on the player as a maniac who is looking to steal your chips, or you simply want to gamble, I think this is a fold. Disclaimer: I have played in 1, count'em 1, multi, but play in many SNGs. So feel free to slam me back...

CCC