Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 10:17 PM

Default \'play your rush\' by doyle

what's the deal..he says ALL top players believe in rushes (quote from super system).

rushes happen, in the rear view mirror of course.

i can't believe any good player would start playing bad and trouble hands because he thinks he's on a rush.

does doyle and others actually believe that the cards 'know' who's been hot and somehow keep producing winners for the hot players?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: \'play your rush\' by doyle

I posted about this a month or two ago...search for my name and "Doyle" or "Brunson" in title.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:19 PM

I dont think it has as much to do with the cards as it does the psychological edge you gain over your opponents from winning.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:23 PM

For many players being more aggressive and playing more hands is actually an improvement on their game [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I don't think Doyle or anyone is advocating playing 72o because you won a few pots.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:38 PM

Umm, those highly educated scientists arent making the money he's making, so he's clearly correct, and they, incorrect.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think it has as much to do with the cards as it does the psychological edge you gain over your opponents from winning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's the deal..he says ALL top players believe in rushes (quote from super system).

rushes happen, in the rear view mirror of course.

i can't believe any good player would start playing bad and trouble hands because he thinks he's on a rush.

does doyle and others actually believe that the cards 'know' who's been hot and somehow keep producing winners for the hot players?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think doyle just means that when you are hitting cards your opponents start playing badly, so you should keep pushing. alot of players will start looking you up just because you keep betting, even if you keep showing them a hand.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:50 AM

would you rather him say: "protect your win"?
Old 11-18-2005, 10:23 AM

obviously doyle is very intelligent, but that dosent mean he dosent have soem superstitions. the way it sounds he does involving rushes. as other posters have pointed out there are a lot of reassons involving how your opponents play/percieve you that make playing a rush a resonable course of action. he may or not completely understand this, but it really dosent matter as long as his actions are consistent with someone who does. also, even if he knows that a rush or luck is not happening many of his opponents do so again its not as bad as it sounds.
also, to say that hes right because hes made money dosent make sence. if you do most things really well you can do some things (not too many but some) terribly and still be a big winner. even doyle or chip cant fully appreciate every concept.
im sure it seems silly to think that doyle dosent understand the concepts i just talked about but he sounds like he has some superstitions involving rushes to me, but who knows.
WCP are not immune to superstitions (ask Jonny Chan or ted forrest).
matty
matty
Old 11-18-2005, 05:10 PM

This thread reminded me of an entertaining cero_z post from a while back.