Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 06:06 PM

Default A few 1/2 hands.

In the spirit of MultiPoker's Reload Madness I decided last night to jump up to 1/2 to help me clear these things faster. The feel is a little different than .5/1 I will say, no more +40% VPIP tables. Anyway, I decided to post some hands from the session in the never ending journey of plugging leaks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 3.25 BB

I figure open limping here would be absurd. Do you think this was played ok?

Here's a messy A2s

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

After the flop 3-bet I figure the only way I'm continuing is if I catch a flush draw on the turn. Is there anything you'd change besides maybe realizing that this table is a little too tight to limp A2s from EP.

Thanks, awebz
Old 10-03-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: A few 1/2 hands.

Hand 1: I cant find a value bet on that river. You just wont get called by anything you beat.

Hand 2: Fold PF.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:22 PM

Hand 1
Looks fine, but i would have bet the turn heads up vs BB

Hand 2
As you suggested i dont play A2/a3/a4/a6s unless im fairly confident it gets at least four handed.
Maybe you could fold the flop because the pot is small but i probaly would have done the same thing as you.

Knoss
Old 10-03-2005, 06:45 PM

Hand 1: I only play this hand at all preflop if a) there are 4-5 callers in front of me and everyone behind is passive; or b) if everyone behind me is weak-tight and I'm raising to steal. Flop doesn't hit me just right, I'm folding like a little girl to any bet. Your opponent is either on a draw or has a lower PP - I'd play it postflop like you did, but fold to any aggression.

Hand 2: Unless my table shows a history of consistently and passively going to the flop 4-handed or better, UTG I'm tossing these cards like they're covered in acid. Your flop raise drove people out of the pot, when you really wanted them to stay in and make your BDFD worth something.

Depending on my read of BB, I'd seriously consider folding to a flop bet and giving him that meager pot, or at most calling with the hopes that the other players stay in, and with the intention of folding if the turn is a brick.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:48 PM

Hand 1. I like it.
Hand 2. Poor PF. &gt;40% VPip means you are not going to get the 4 callers you need to make this a marginally viable UTG hand.
Having played. Seems standard.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:58 PM

Hand 1: Nice hand IMO. I like the steal attempt preflop. I like the aggression on the flop. Check on the turn is fine, I think, because he didn't go anywhere on a scary board and I'm concerned about a checkraise. Check on the river is okay because again I'm fearing the check-raise from a flush, straight, trips, or higher pair. (Maybe too much fear?).

Hand 2: I still limp with this preflop, even in tight tables. I like the flop raise. I'm not scared by the King on the turn, because he was betting/raising on the flop without it. I'm calling down to the river most likely once he 3-bets the flop, in light of my TP.

Post-grunch: I agree, throw away the A2s if this is a tight table.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1
Looks fine, but i would have bet the turn heads up vs BB

[/ QUOTE ]
The only hands that we want to fold here never will. I prefer to check behind on the turn and give a missed straight or flush draw the chance to bluff at us on the river. That way it's still only 1BB going in, we have a chance to get an extra bet out of weak hands, and we might even get an extra bet out of a K or A if we river a straight.