Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Stats 10,700 hands

I know this is still a small sample, but I was excited to get this out here and see what anyone sees... This is a mix of .5/1, 1/2 and 2/4 games. Here are the # of hands each level.

.5/1 - 3,741 hands - 1.07 BB/100
1/2 - 4,165 hands - (0.91) BB/100
2/4 - 2,827 hands - 2.46 BB/100

Just about every game I play is loose. I would say that majority of them (maybe 80%) are also aggressive.

Anything glaring? Thanks.

Old 02-21-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Stats 10,700 hands

1) Raise more preflop. You will pick up on raises that you might not be making now by reading other's posts. For example, raising T9s after four limpers or rasing KJs UTG.

2) Your street by street aggression is interesting. Why are you so aggressive on the turn...is that that you are missing out on lots of flop value raises?

3) Your went to SD and won $SD are both low. You might be playing too much of a raise/fold type game on the later streets. Are you bluffing too much and getting caught? Are you just running bad? I honestly don't know but something is almost surely not right given your aggression numbers.

Brad
Old 02-21-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rasing KJs UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I would never imagine doing such a thing. Is this really right? I usually limp in this situation.

Yeah, your W$SD is too low. You are taking too many weak made hands too far probably. But your sample size is tiny and is spread out over games of three very different textures, so there's no way to draw any real conclusions from it. Except that you really should raise more PF.

Judging from your W$WSF you are probably running bad. Seriously, if I were you I would play 10K hands at each level before moving up. You just need time and repetition to adjust to the differences in limits. In fact I played 20k hands at 2/4 even though I had my 500BB roll for 3/6 after 12k, and I'm really glad I did. I was able to really polish some blind steal and defense things that have helped me tremendously so far in the 3/6. The same is true for 1/2 (but don't bother with .5/1 if you have the roll for 1/2, you can't really learn much that's applicable at higher limits there).
Old 02-21-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rasing KJs UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I would never imagine doing such a thing. Is this really right? I usually limp in this situation.

Yeah, your W$SD is too low. You are taking too many weak made hands too far probably. But your sample size is tiny and is spread out over games of three very different textures, so there's no way to draw any real conclusions from it. Except that you really should raise more PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you will show a small profit raising KJs UTG (as compared to limping). Sometimes I limp just to mix it up, but raising is my standard play this KJs.

Brad
Old 02-21-2005, 09:12 PM

Shillix made some great points already. In addition, what I see...

-Your VPIP is about 3-4 points low of optimal for this spread of limits, especially for the lower end of your spectrum. You're probably passing up on some +EV opportunities with hands like small PPs and suited connectors/semi-connectors.

-You aren't attempting to steal the blinds nearly enough, and you likewise aren't defending your blinds often enough. Again, in these levels you likely aren't seeing too many true blind steals against you and the number of instances is so small as to be statistically insignificant, but if your style of play truly does include folding 17 of 21 times in HU steal situations, that's something you need to work on improving before you consider moving to higher limits.

-That folded to river bet % is way higher than it should be, and indicates that you might be calling to the river with too many weak draws (although this is acceptable when the pots are often huge), or else going too far with weak made hands when you know that you're beaten & drawing to few outs.

As you said, though, your hand sample is very small. Since it also contains hands from 3 different limits, you can't really draw any concrete conclusions based on these statistics--I'm just noting some possible problem areas at this point which you can then look at in more detail in your hand histories. However, especially with something like river fold % (which is currently based on only 271 instances), the cards you've been getting likely have a much greater influence on your stats than your playing style does.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:14 PM

To clarify...what is a proper "Fold to river bet %"?

I honestly have no idea but people in micros ask me all the time.

Brad
Old 02-21-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Raise more preflop. You will pick up on raises that you might not be making now by reading other's posts. For example, raising T9s after four limpers or rasing KJs UTG.

2) Your street by street aggression is interesting. Why are you so aggressive on the turn...is that that you are missing out on lots of flop value raises?

3) Your went to SD and won $SD are both low. You might be playing too much of a raise/fold type game on the later streets. Are you bluffing too much and getting caught? Are you just running bad? I honestly don't know but something is almost surely not right given your aggression numbers.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

His went to showdown number is fine. Won$SD is a bit low but nothing drastic. And yes, shouldn't his aggression on the flop > turn > river.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:23 PM

steal more blinds
Old 02-21-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To clarify...what is a proper "Fold to river bet %"?

I honestly have no idea but people in micros ask me all the time.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need a thread to discuss this specifically, actually. I've been going with "good" being in the 40-48 range based on my own numbers & what I've seen mentioned on here, but I'm honestly not sure if that's dead on or not.

I do know that 59.4% is way too high, though.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:27 PM

Mine is 38%. Does this mean I'm a payer offer?