Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Do You Play During the Day?

I make the most money between 10 pm and 2 AM ET. The problem is that before 10, my hourly rates are erratic. But if I only play in the evening, I just don't get to put enough hours in.

How should I resolve this? Do you play in the mornings and afternoons? Do you make less then? Do you think it's worth it to play then?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Do You Play During the Day?

I play during the day ET time plus the early evening and find there is no variance. I am of the opinion that if you're playing good poker you'll be profitable at any time so i wouldnt avoid certain time frames to play in. If you're in the right state of mind... play!!

Also, not everyone who plays is living in ET time zones so what you consider 'during the day' is evening for alot of players like myself so i think the theory of only playing at certain times only gets you so far on party poker at least.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:05 PM

playing during the day will cost you $$$ at all games and all limits in general-stick to evening hours/graveyard for the most profitable play in general.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
playing during the day will cost you $$$ at all games and all limits in general-stick to evening hours/graveyard for the most profitable play in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you got evidence for this? You may win more if there are worse players playing in the evening, after all we all make our money from others mistakes and if worse players are playing later then more will be won. However, this doesnt mean it should be advised not to play during the day completely. I still stand by my point that if you are using good poker theory you will win at any time of the day.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:20 PM

Generally speaking, the donks/drunks come out at night. But there are still plenty of good games during the day, if you take a little bit of time to practice good table selection.

Use your buddy list. If you need a head start on this during daylight hours, just leave PT running & datamine 4 tables for a few days, then look at the results. You should find a nice sampling of VPIP 50+ donks when you do.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it is more +EV to play at night, your statement is patently false given the OP's circumstances.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:22 PM

I'm in europe now and will be here for several months so it will usually be the daytime in the us when i play. Games are great.

-SmileyEH
Old 09-10-2005, 05:44 PM

Yeah I'm playing the daytime too here in Europe. Can't complain
Old 09-10-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
patently false

[/ QUOTE ]
better games are at night play your hours at nite if pure profit is your highest priority..you will make more money if it works into your lifestyle.

If you play less hours in the best games which are almost always consistently at night know that you are giving up some ev from purely an earn perspective but if the ev you lose by not always playing in the best games at night is offset by other factors outside poker ie.well-balanced life-rest,exercise,artistic diversions etc which may make you play better when you do play then the ev loss can be lessened because you will be playing better when you do play even if the games arent as good.. Must people arent poker machines naturally..By that I mean if you play better with a full diverse lifestyle not just a hardcore get-in-the-hours-at-no-cost grinder you may benefit from playing in what appears to not always be the best time slots-you may burnout pushing yourself just to play specific time-slots. If you can play whenever you want,go to bed and get up whenver you want you will find that on Party in general those hours are 8pm-6am est. Every room has a different demographic. If you were to play in eurocentric rooms like InterPoker or GoldenPalce/VC adjust hours to peak b.s.t./g.m.t. hours.

PokerStars has a diverse mix game die there a few hours earlier than Party each nite becuase of the more international mix of players.

playing in peak nite fish hours no matter what site in general will bump your bb/100 by 0.50bb/100-2.50bb/100. mostly ~1.00bb/100.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:30 PM

there are awful players at all times ofthe day. hey, im awful, and i've played during the day.