Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Laying down KK vs. a nit

Based on your hand range you have to call.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on your hand range you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-21-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh, you misred something along the way. I'm calling that turn with what I think is a live diamond draw because I dont think he is capable of potting the flop on a draw.

When I called the turn I was pretty sure I was behind to a set of tens, but 4-1 + implied odds felt good enough at the time to draw to a king or non-board pairing diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess next time I'll make sure to consult my mind reading device before posting. All my advice still stands. If you want to assume that villian has TT, then just fold the flop. Why are you continuing. His range could be higher here.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:13 PM

lol, how about you just read the thread?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks ok to me. I might have raised the flop to $10 to try and discourage flush draws more.

Once the Jd came on the turn, it's too bad that villian only bet $5. I think you're way behind just about anything he'd limp/call your flop raise with. He may have already had a set, a straight draw got there with the J, a flush draw got there with the diamond, JJ just hit a set, etc. For only $5 on the turn, however, I can't see myself folding either. The bad part about the $5 call, however, is that if he has the nut flush, and you call the turn only to river a low diamond, are you going to stack off with a K-high flush? This is a dangerous situation.

At the river, folding to the $15 bet is probably best.

I'd like to say that folding to the turn $5 bet would be better against this villain because he clearly has SOMETHING better than KK, and drawing to the non-nut flush might be a disaster for you. That being said, I think I would have probably played this like you did anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my diamond draw is 100% live on the turn. I think he folds AQd pre-flop, and if he doesn't, I think this opponent check/calls a big draw rather than potting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted that in response to the first reply. flat mode is your friend.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:17 PM

If that's your read, then go with it. You still need to raise more pre-flop and on the flop.