Call 129 49.24%
Fold 72 27.48%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Who won the 3rd debate?

[ QUOTE ]
he said he has met with the NAACP at the white house

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the difference between the NAACP and the Congressional Black Caucus?
Old 10-13-2004, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Look at Mary Beth Cahill's faces as well as Teresa Heinz's face. They know Kerry lost. Although, Teresa may just be pissed that Kerry moved as quickly as possible to discussing women other than her.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one question Bush scored on completely and Kerry muffed was the last one about the women in their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]I was watching the CNN undecided voter charts, and Kerry got some of his highest scores while answering that question.

i do, but kerry said "he has not met with the NAACP or the congressional black caucus" and bush replied "that is simply not true..." it seems to imply that he has met with them both.

rj

Default Bush got hammered.

But rather than tell you who I felt looked more composed ...

Check all the scorecards.

Pitt,

President Bush has never said he wasn't worried about Osama Bin Laden. That was a simply false statement by the Massachusstes Senator and has no valid backup. That's the definition of a blatant lie. In addition, the President's statement that he met with a black congressional caucus should be something either easily verified or easily disproven. I have seen nothing to the contrary, so much like the justice system, that statement is true until proven false.

The President has convinced me over the last 4 years and through this campaign that he is better-equipped to run this nation than John Kerry is. President Bush is trying to win re-election, and in order to do that, he MUST speak about what he INTENDS to do with this country. The President has accomplished a great deal while in office, and in order to convince the American people he should have another 4 years, he must outline what he WILL do.

EDIT: I see this quote now posted - taken in a certain context, this could be taken many ways. Poor phrasing, to be certain, but to err is human. The attempt to bring Osama to justice continues, but has been overshadowed by media coverage on Iraq.

-Edge
Old 10-13-2004, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look at Mary Beth Cahill's faces as well as Teresa Heinz's face. They know Kerry lost. Although, Teresa may just be pissed that Kerry moved as quickly as possible to discussing women other than her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, Kerry really botched that question. Bush did way better. Kerry made a joke about him marrying his wife for money. Wow.... Kerry is supposed to be the smooth one, not Bush.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:24 PM

Default edge

you can read my thoughts about the economy in the "i want my taxes to be raised" thread below this. im sure you would have understood my views a lot more clearly if you had read the part where i actually talked about the issue at hand instead of just nitpicking spelling. i would say you have more of a case if you actually made well thought out arguments as opposed to sarcastically praising other peoples arguments, until then you have 0 credibility with me.

rj
Old 10-13-2004, 11:24 PM

Default CNN poll - Kerry again.

[ QUOTE ]
Look at Mary Beth Cahill's faces as well as Teresa Heinz's face. They know Kerry lost. Although, Teresa may just be pissed that Kerry moved as quickly as possible to discussing women other than her

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play poker, I hope your reads are better than this. CNN polls called it again for Kerry, about the same margin as the first debate. (52-39) Kerry looked great. Total class. Bush did fine. He did his best and that is all you can ask. He is just out of his league debating Kerry.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, he lied about saying he wasn't worried about Bin Laden. I don't think you can get a "Big win" with blatant lies which the media can instantly call you on ... complete with video proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope Bush's exact quote:

"I just don't spend that much time on him, to be honest with ya."

That is not the same as not being worried about him. He may just has more important, bigger targets. To say Bin Laden isn't on the back of Bush's mind is laughable.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:27 PM

so your point is that he never said it and then you edited in your opinions on the fact that he did say it? maybe is time to change your thinking. if youre COMPLETELY wrong about something you generally dont just ignore the new evidence and continue denying it...

rj