Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Party 3/6 changing?

Admittedly, I am only a part-time player, but I've logged my fair share of hours online, even though I've only been on 2+2 for less than 6 months. I've been online for about 3 years, but that's not the point of this post.

I've only been playing sporadically for the last 2 months. In that time, however, I may have developed some rust. Even so, it feels as if Party's 3/6 game has become a lot more aggro. I feel like I'm seeing quite a bit more check-raising and slow playing of hands since I'v gotten back into the swing of things. I may consider a step back down to 2/4, just in the interest of making more money.

Like I said, I haven't been playing much due to my focus on school, but even so, it seems as if the game has shifted a bit. Is this some of the fallout from the Party/Affiliate split? I don't mean to say that the game has dried up by any means; rather that it has gotten tighter/more aggressive. Anyone?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Party 3/6 changing?

Are you talking full or short? Ive been playing 3/6 6max for about 3 months and it hasnt seemed to change at all.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:42 AM

I was talking full. Should I delve into the world of short?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

massochists and cutters

peace

john nickle
Old 12-13-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently the 6 max games are making the full games dry up. 6 max is not for everyone. Higher variance, more skill, but can be extremely profitable. I'm thinking of making the jump to 3/6 6 max, but losing 600 in a session will be the norm.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently the 6 max games are making the full games dry up. 6 max is not for everyone. Higher variance, more skill, but can be extremely profitable. I'm thinking of making the jump to 3/6 6 max, but losing 600 in a session will be the norm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, it happens but if it's happening a lot you need to look at your game. I wouldn't start at 3/6 6m either. Do at least 5-10K at 1/2 6m to get you're feet wet and compare your stats to other players to make sure you don't have any oceans leaking out of your game.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the burgeoning popularity of 6-max has been one of the biggest changes in online poker over the past year, more so than any change in player skill.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the burgeoning popularity of 6-max has been one of the biggest changes in online poker over the past year, more so than any change in player skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I see it is the nits that wont change to 6m are stuck playing with each other in full. I mean look at 5/10, its almost all 6m and you cant really move up without learning it anyway.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:36 AM

"Only those who adapt to change survive" -- Charles Darwin.

Incidentally, there is a picture in the corridor of the hospital where I work with this phrase printed on it.

The picture is of a shark. Rather apt, IMHO*.

[*Apt in only a poker sense. From an evolutionary perspective it's actually rather pointless, seeing as sharks have barely evolved for aeons, but still seem to be doing OK. I guess they haven't had too much adapting to do. As poker players, we do right now. Gonna stop rambling now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]]
Old 12-13-2005, 10:08 AM

I stumbled across a full 3/6 game at Prima the other day. It was full of tight calling stations and was actually a pretty good game. Who knows if this will ever happen again though...