Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-17-2005, 03:18 PM

Default 38.25BB pot, KQs in the BB, or Let\'s play \"SPOT THE MISTAKES\"

2 New players at the table, MP and Button.

UTG is 22.4%/15%/2.5
CO is 66.5%/15%/1.4

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP (poster) 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (20.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (28.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 38.25 BB
Old 12-17-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: 38.25BB pot, KQs in the BB, or Let\'s play \"SPOT THE MISTAKES\"

fold the flop.

Edit: you aren't losing much by folding preflop.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:31 PM

fold / call preflop

You are probably dominated, out of position in a 3 way pot with 2 aggressors. Raiser is TAG, Re-Raiser has the same preflop raising aggression, your equity in this pot is very small. My PF actions would be fold / call / raise in terms of how much I like them against these opponents.

KQs looks good, suited broadway etc very nice. But looks like you are dominated by at least one of these players. You would have to be very lucky to flop the best hand or the best draw and you definitely don't have 2:1 odds for this.

The TAG is aggressive postflop and the LAG is also aggressive postflop meaning that your draws are going to cost you.

This flop is terrible for you, you have 2 backdoor draws and 2 overs. The way this has played out so far your overs don't seem live, I wouldn't give more than .5 outs per over and the straight is a 2 gapper for .5. This is approximately 3 outs and not enough for the given odds.

True
Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 PM

You're overplaying your hand preflop. KQs is usually behind to a 3-bet.

Flop is hard since the pot size is pulling you in like a freakin' black hole.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:40 PM

Preflop: I probably call with this many cold callers but it is likely to get capped anyways so I think raising is ok. A Q or K alone is not likely to be good for us.

Flop: ck/fold, i might call if it was one back to me but with the possibility of further raises it should still probably be a fold.

Turn and river: fine, if the board was paired I'm probably just calling a 3 bet on the river.

Hard to put all of these guys on a hand. BB had JJ or AA?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:41 PM

Dont cap preflop, Your position blows and your hand isn't worthy of a cap specially vs UTG then with CO and button trapped in the middle you're bloating the pot and they wont fold.

EDIT: Didnt realise you were facing 3bet, then i thought you were facing it cold but your in BB. Either call or fold... i think capping sucks.

I guess you could argue you're potentially ahead preflop, but i think because your bloating the pot people will hang around which affects post flop.

On the flop i probably fold, i dont think ONE PAIR will win now(King or queen) and your BDFD is weak anyhow.

Rest is standard.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:02 PM

i would just call pre-flop.
the flop call is close, but we're getting 10:1 with a gutshot, bdfd and some unclean overcard outs. the rest is standard
Old 12-17-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... a gutshot...

[/ QUOTE ]

not really
but we do have 3 outs so I think it is a call getting 10:1
Old 12-17-2005, 04:15 PM

Preflop I think I just call this and hope it doesn't get capped by the original raiser

The flop call is close, but I think its alright getting 10-1 and rediculous implied odds, especially considering you knew you were going to hit runner runner flush

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... a gutshot...

[/ QUOTE ]

not really
but we do have 3 outs so I think it is a call getting 10:1

[/ QUOTE ]

With 3 outs we need 16:1.
We are currently getting 10:1 and we are not completing the action.

I think this fold is pretty standard.

Preflop I call, I didn't even look at the 2 cold callers. I think preflop calling is best and the flop is an easy fold.

True