Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend Trouble?

VEGAS!!!! its super cheap too
Old 11-19-2005, 03:30 PM

Ok then tell her that you two are going and if she doesnt agree and says she is going with him then dump her ass. Its that simple.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She commented that she'd love to go with me, moreso than with him, but she needs to get out of this place as soon as she can, for a bit. She's lived here her whole life.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the topper for me. If she cannot wait a few more months to go with her boyfriend instead of just a "friend" I think that is a clear sign of her lack of committment to your relationship. Move on as painlessly as possible.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move on as painlessly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She commented that she'd love to go with me, moreso than with him, but she needs to get out of this place as soon as she can, for a bit. She's lived here her whole life.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the topper for me. If she cannot wait a few more months to go with her boyfriend instead of just a "friend" I think that is a clear sign of her lack of committment to your relationship. Move on as painlessly as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:14 PM

three months is not a long time. is she great? if not, then forgetta 'bout it. seriously. 3 months is not even a semester. she would be goin on the trip for longer than you have been seeing each other. that tells me she has less invested in your relationship than she does in her friendship with this guy (who definitely wants to bang her). I mean, would you go on a trip with a chick for 3.5 months that you didn't want to bang if you were a single guy???? what would be the point? you would rather go with another guy so you could find bitches to bang in europe, or you would go with a girl you wanted to bang.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:14 PM

Default I Concur........

You need to be a student of the bottom line theory. Ignore all the bull**** that she gives you and pay attention to her actions. Her actions will tell you what her words are not. Most women are cowards when it comes to confronting their men. Rather than be upfront with you they will keep bull****ing you. If she decides to go instead of waiting for you then this is a VERY bad sign. Consider this, are they going to be sharing a room to 'save money' (LOL)? This is not how a loyal woman acts. I'd say your relationship is in trouble. I don't know if she is the problem or if it is you. But I don't like your chances.

The 3 month mark is usually a make-or-break period for relationships. You have been dating her for only 3 months and based on what you said, I think the relationship is over but you just don't know it yet. At this point you have allowed her to toy with your emotions. Stop the pain and make the decison for her. Salvage your pride and DUMP HER without MERCY. Tell her you are not going to date a women who wants to go on a three month trip with another man. PERIOD. END-OF-DISCUSSION. If my analysis is wrong then she will start grovling for you to take her back. If she does not get upset, then I was 100% CORRECT. At least as the dumper, you put yourself in prime position for ex-sex (no strings attached [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

If she starts grovling, stick to your message that you are not going to date a woman who wants to go away on a trip with another man. Don't get creative. Just keep saying this to whatever bull**** she says ("the broken record technique"). Try to keep a demeanor of being calm but VERY FIRM. It goes without saying if she quickly accepts the break up then your were toast anyway. At least she will respect you for acting like a man.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She already rejected this guy once, she obviously doesn't have any romantic feelings for him. I don't see the problem. Besides, if she's going to cheat on you, she can do it just as easily right underneath your nose.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous. You have to take the environment into consideration. If you put your girlfriend in close confines with a close friend for three months, then add booze, then add the distance factor, there's a lot of potential for her to cheat.

Would you let your girlfriend go on The Real World with a close friend? You see how faithful those people always are.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:37 PM

I'm normally a pretty understanding guy when it comes to these things. I try to think things through in a rational manner and find the solution that will be best for everyone involved.

but in this case I would say there is no [censored] way she could go backpacking through Europe with this dude and expect me to be waiting at home for her with a thumb up my ass. girls can be so freaking naive. if she wants to be with you, there is no reason for her to even consider this. I'm not saying you should tell her she can't go. just tell her that if she decides to go then it's over. but tell her in a nice way.

why is she even considering this, anyway? that's incredibly disrepectful, even if you've only been going out for three months.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:37 PM

If my girlfriend (fiance) wanted to go on The Real World I'd have to rethink being her boyfriend.

Maybe it's because I'm older, or because my best friend is female (and we don't have a sexual relationship), but I don't automatically assume anytime my girlfriend spends time with another guy there's a risk they'll somehow have sex. If they do, well, whoops, I'll have to find a new girlfriend. I'd rather find out ASAP that my girlfriend is prone to cheating then put a lot of effort into protecting myself from getting cheated on.

I mean, honestly, if your girlfriend is going to cheat, she's going to cheat. Preventing her from going to europe with her friend isn't going to stop it, it will merely delay it. Are you going to restrict her from seeing her male friend completely? What if they get lunch together and accidentally have sex at his place afterwards?

If you have issues with trusting your girlfriend don't be her boyfriend.