Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Poker Tracker Auto Import Help

When I go into PT and force an import all my previously un-imported hands get imported. However, when I use the timer import function, even though I'm playing, every minute when it fires I get the message that no hand history files have been created since the last import. That is not true. What is going on??
Thanks for your help,
Lou
Old 10-26-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Auto Import Help

I believe this is where you would check the box by "My PC does not update the time stamp". What is happening is PT sees that a hand history file exists, imports it, and remembers the timestamp on it. When it gets updated as you are playing, the timestamp should change. PT uses this to determine if changes have been made. If not, there is no reason to import it again since no new information will exist (closed the table, for example). If your computer doesn't update the time stamp (mine doesn't either) then PT will think that the hand histories have not been updated since their first import, so it will ignore them. Check the box and see if it works for you.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:22 AM

I'll give it a shot. Thanks. I'm wondering why, though, that if I close out, come back in and do a force import, all the hands that weren't imported during the timed import now get imported. Oh well.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:13 PM

I believe that a force import goes through each file regardless of the time stamp. Also, if you close PT and reopen, I don't know if it will remember that it already imported those files. It may forget the filenames and times when you exit PT, or maybe even when you exit the auto-import window.

BTW, if you do a force import without closing out, it still should get every hand, I think.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:46 PM

if I do a force import without closing it's not getting every hand. This problem just stared 2 days ago. I'm wondering why?????
Old 10-26-2005, 07:57 PM

That's interesting. I thought force got them all [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]