Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

My cousin from florida has a picture of herself as a five year old at disney land.

in the background of the picture is another family vacationing from canada with a little boy the same age.

she ended up marrying him. he discovered his family in the picture sometime after they were already married.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My cousin from florida has a picture of herself as a five year old at disney land.

in the background of the picture is another family vacationing from canada with a little boy the same age.

she ended up marrying him. he discovered his family in the picture sometime after they were already married.

[/ QUOTE ]

winner.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one of the coolest things ive read in awhile.

good post.

blake
Old 10-22-2005, 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is one from today. I was a little bored and put my name into google. On of the hits was about someone sharing my name playing in one major league baseball game on August 17, 1897. August 17 is my birthday (although not 1897).

[/ QUOTE ]

MY birthday is Aug. 17, 1986 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put 20 people in a room, the odds of at least 2 of the people having the same birthday are suprisingly high.

The more people you add, the likelyhood of people sharing a birthday grows exponentially.

So, 2 people have the same birthday isn't really cool, unless both of those people are 100+ years old and their birthdays are in the same year, and happen to run into eachother in the south of asia at a psychic healer after both having lost their right arms due to an unusual illness, only to be able to afford the trip by winning and splitting the same lottery with the same numbers, after having got the numbers from fortune cookies in different countries.

sorry, I cant spell

blake
Old 10-22-2005, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you put 20 people in a room, the odds of at least 2 of the people having the same birthday are suprisingly high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

23 people gives you a 50% chance. IIRC 50 people means its 99% likely that 2 share the same birthday.

FWIW my birthday is July 14th. I'm gonna see my daddy for the first time on July 14th.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:49 AM

two weeks ago i had a weird dream about my ex from DC.

that day she called me...

Barron
Old 10-22-2005, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

23 people gives you a 50% chance. IIRC 50 people means its 99% likely that 2 share the same birthday.

FWIW my birthday is July 14th. I'm gonna see my daddy for the first time on July 14th.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you show the math please?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:07 PM

Probably not the biggest but the most recent one - I was getting ready to go to someone's 21st party and I was listening to The Crystal Method - Ghetto Fabulous. Really cool song. It was my first time listening to it before a party since I'd just gotten the album a little while back. When I showed up at the party, I found that that the guy who invited me forgot to tell me about the theme for the 21st...obviously it was "Ghetto Fabulous".
Old 10-22-2005, 12:54 PM

Here's one from the 2+2 trip in June. Went to DejaVu because Evan's fake ID wouldn't work at a 21+ club. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Just sitting there enjoying the dancers on stage, relaxing. Everyone decides to start getting private dances in the back and after about 10 songs in a row for some, they say I need to do it. I say fine and grab the next stripper walking by who is hot. We go into the back and start talking. It turns out she is from where I live and worked at a restaurant that is owned by a family I have known since I was about 6 years old. She also knew them very well.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you show the math please?

[/ QUOTE ]

www.google.com