Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Hi! My name is...

Nfinity

W0rd,

I got my start by winning $300 in a New Players Freeroll somewhere on the Prima Network.

I divide my time between multitabling 1/2 and 2/4; The 11's and not posting as much as I should.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:55 AM

my name is Bret

Started mixing 6max into my repetoire back in October. I play at Party, x-skins, Prima, Crypto, Paradise, Stars, Absolute, and anywhere else if the bonus is right...most at Absolute. This is how I've done so far.... It's a big step up from my firt 15k which I also posted

I come from SSHE forum and sports betting I guess...I've lurked in HUSH quite a bit the past few months with a post or two even. I already dislike this forum a bit as the low limit games appear to be getting filled with more brown trout. But, the sharing of ideas will hopefully balance out the effect. I am studious.

I play for a living. Have since July of last year as my sole source of income. I'm a 1BB/100 dude [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] who loves bonuses [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and rakeback [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

EDIT: oh yeah...I'm banned from chat at numerous sites, so don't take it as a snub if I don't respond. I finally got banned at Prima today....YES!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:28 PM

Kilgore, and I'm an exile from Empire.

Been playin' for ~2.5 years or so. Started off full ring, did STT's and MTT's almost exclusively for a year, been playing 3/6 - 10/20 SH for several months now. I now only rarely play full ring other than PLO.

I basically find players from my buddy list and follow 'em around. If the tables are good I stay. If they stink, I look up some other buddies.

I do not go by Kilgore Trout on any poker sites. Those other Kilgores Trout are mere imposters, make no mistake. I am the real Kilgore Trout.

Oh, and hi.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:38 PM

I've played for almost three years now, I guess. Started in college, mostly dumping deposits $50 at a time. I started playing seriously again last winter, when I just dumped $100 into PokerNOW on a lark. I ran extremely hot, and am now more than fully rolled for 5/10. I plan on staying at 5/10 for at least 50k hands total before jumping to 10/20.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:50 PM

to all you 2/4 players: where are you playing? stars/absolute/ub im guessing?

anyhow, im monstrously overrolled for the party 1/2 but haven't felt comfortable going to 3/6 full time, so i've been working one meticulously selected 3/6 table with 3 donks min. in w/3 random 1/2 tables. i keep telling myself i should just play 3/6 full time, but i've got a sandy vag.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 PM

I'm Greg - I play mostly 3/6 shorthanded, also some 2/4 and I occasionally dip my toe into the 5/10 waters. Usually I'm either on Absolute or UB, but occasionally find myself at Party or Stars.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:26 PM

Got started back on paradise nano buying NL. Placed high in a limit tourney that I accidently bought in to (thought I was buying into a NL tourney), decided to start playing limit.

Went to Party, did decent and moved to 1/2. Went a little tilty, then went to 2/4 to win it all back. Good idea. Great! Grand!

Before I lost all of my money, I dropped back down to .5/1, found 2+2 and SSHE and later the joys of 6max.

You can find me sitting to the left of my favorite loose passives at 3/6 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 PM

I'm Surf - I started in the Micro forum a little over 2.5 years ago. I started with $50 in Pokerroom playing the 0.25/0.50 full games. I heard about this "shorthanded" thing when I was moving up to 1/2 and decided to give it a go, to improve my full-ring skill.

I got pummeled every time I moved up in limits after 1/2. 5/10 started with a 15k breakeven stretch. After beating 5/10 for about 100k hands I started taking shots at 10/20. I ran into a -400BB, 17k hand stretch right from the start. It took me months of play + study but I finally built my br to a safe level at 10/20.

I started playing for a living in June, right after my graduation from college. I spent alot of time at 10/20 because living expenses prevented my BR from growing too quick, and I was quite risk-averse. I've recently moved up to 15/30 + 20/40, i play full ring or shorthanded, wherever the fish are. If all goes well I have my eyes set on 30/60 and 50/100 in the next 3-6 months.

I currently moderate both SSHUSH and MHUSH. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me.

If you spot a post that is inappropriate or not suited for this forum, click on the "Notify Moderator" button at the bottom and i'll come check it out and do my best to fix the situation.

Surf
Old 11-28-2005, 03:42 PM

Metetron and I'm here to piss people off and make the occassional 5/10 post from Absolute when I'm not playing 10/20-20/40 on Party/Abs/Prima or need to fill up my extra tables.

I'll also respond to your post if you completely fudged it up or if by some chance it is actually interesting.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:54 PM

Chobo and I ought to post more. Thanks to a tourny win early in my online playing, I dont have a $50 to $5000 story, but I've "built" from 1/2 to 10/20 two or three times now. Current game is 5/10, fresh off an educational 8k hands at 10/20.