Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Vague Bet Size Question

In general, is it better to be a full pot bettor or a 3/4ths pot bettor? I've kind of fallen into the pattern of being a 3/4ths pot bettor, since I like to risk less with continuation bets when I miss, and keep the pot managable with top pair type hands. Since most of my bets are either continuation or protection bets, I feel that it would be too obvious if I start full-potting with big hands, so I 3/4 those too. Am I missing value by not being a 'bet pot' guy?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Vague Bet Size Question

In general, I like to make my C-bets pot sized, I just really want to take down as many of these pots as possible when I miss, and make more when these are value bets that get called. I think its worth the extra few dollars, just for the extra fold equity it brings...I obviosly dont bet the pot every time however, just most of the time
Old 11-10-2005, 09:42 PM

Against deepstacked opponents, bet the full pot on the flop. Those extra few dollars will grow exponentially later in the hand, allowing you to build bigger pots with your monsters.

Against shortstacked opponents it doesn't really matter.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:51 PM

I usually bet the pot. There are times when betting the pot is unnecessary. Say you raise with KQ and you get 1 caller. If the flop comes something like A-rag-rag, you don't need a full pot sized bet. There are also times I'll overbet the pot. If I raise and the flop comes 2-2-4. Generally I'm overbetting these pots when I don't want any callers.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:53 PM

Good answers, sounds like full pot is the way to go.