Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Is this racism?

[ QUOTE ]
Not that it has anyting to do with anything but are the DJs white or black?

[/ QUOTE ]

white
Old 10-05-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what about this makes the woman "weak minded"? what about this should be her fault?

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact that she got uncomfortable. When someone asks "Do you have a problem with white people" anyone without issues would say "No, why should I?" or something similar. If you asked the same question about Brazilians, native Africans, or Asians, I'm quite sure she'd react differently. So she probably has racial issues regarding whites, or else an inability to act assertively when someone asks about her beliefs. Either makes her weak minded.

[/ QUOTE ]

i find myself agreeing with this man
Old 10-05-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"ancestors must have pwned slaves."

[/ QUOTE ]

my ancestors pwned slaves at lawn bowling.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
my ancestors pwned slaves at lawn bowling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You had another one where you kept insisting that your friend was racist...because he said he'd never date a black girl. Get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're confusing me with someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was a girl who started that thread, not you.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If so, then my mistake.

BTW, who started that other thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a regular poster on here. It was a 20 year old girl. And it was about her co-worker saying that he'd never marry a black girl.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:48 PM

man, i just saw the hottest black chick EVERRRRR in baja fresh. i would marry her on the spot
Old 10-05-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my ancestors [b]beat slaves to death and raped their wives[b]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-05-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Examples of racism: Every Chappelle show, Paul "Tiny hands" Mooney, Chris Rock, DL Hughley, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.

There are only like 4 black funny guys that can be funny without leaning on racism constantly: Martin Lawrence, Eddie Murphy, Patrice O'Neal, Damon Wayans. The rest are not funny at all. DL Hughly, Chris Rock, Tracey Morgan, Paul Mooney, Mr. 3000... these guys aren't true comedians.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have selective perception. If Hughley, Rock, and Mooney et. al. are guilty of what you say, then definitely so are Martin Lawrence, Eddie Murphy, Patrice O'Neal and Damon Wayans. Murphy did tons of jokes about whites and gays. Patrice O'Neal's entire schtick on Colin Quinn's show was the angry white-bashing black dude. Damon Wayans was fired from SNL for being too racial, and his standup has long included bits from that pool. Martin Lawrence has never been funny for one second in his life, and I honestly can't say what his material consists of, as I've never been able to stick with him for more than 5 minutes.

Jokes about the behavior of different types of people are a staple of comedy since time out of mind. That's not going to change. Most of these comedians also joke about the differences between black people in different neighborhoods, or from different time periods. Chappelle Show seems to perpetuate stereotypes on both sides of the fence; c'mon, the Rick James bits? His Prince impressions? Those "playa hatah" guys that dress like pimps and talk in jive?
Chris Rock seems to me to tell more jokes about black people than he does about any other topic, most of them denigrating jokes. They're also hiliarous; Chris is without a doubt the smartest, fastest, funniest comedian working today. To put it in baseball terms, he has all his pitches working beautifully at this stage of his career.

Mooney does seem to have that "white-hating" thing down. I'm not that big a fan of him, it seems one-sided a lot of the time. I don't know enough of his material to argue that. I've seen some of Hughley's show and I don't see this racist angle.

Sharpton and Jackson, I've seen them sometimes and they're not that funny, although Jesse has his moments.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:08 PM

My ancestors did own slaves. What the hell does that have to do with me? I'm pretty sure most slaves' ancestors owned slaves too.