Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Using ALL CAPS doesn\'t strengthen your position

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

While I try to be lenient and to exercise my best judgment, posters can be banned at the moderator's discretion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, this is at the heart of it. You abused your discretion. And if you can't see why you should consult with others -- if not recuse yourself entirely -- when you are considering banning a poster by whom you feel attacked, then 2+2 indeed erred in giving you moderator status, regardless of your political ideology.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should seriously consider.....
Old 08-18-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: MMMMMM Advocates Violence Against Americans

I support many forms of violence against all sorts of people.

That being said is there a reason I should give [censored] what MMMMMMM thinks? Did he get elected to some office or something?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that no, the op is just an idiot.

I now support violence against idiots.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please post a link for the politics forum that is overflowing with manners and civility. I have yet to find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point. 2+2 can be better than that. Civility really isn't that difficult, all it requires is not calling posters you disagree with names like a 3rd-grader, but trying to have decent discussion.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still think Torii Hunter is better than Barry Bonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Paging Edge.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:30 PM

Is that all you're ever going to reply to one of my posts with? Keep it in sports if you feel the need to be idiotic, don't bring the trolling all over the board. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this forum.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You are protesting actions that you clearly lack a solid understanding of. Had you seen the messages MMMMMM has given to posters, not limited to jokerswild, you would know that M6, as moderator, has made it known that personal attacks of any kind are not to be tolerated.

[/ QUOTE ]

By your and MMMMMMM's standards, that is a false and defamatory statement. I presume you will apologize.

[ QUOTE ]
Jokerswild was given fair warning and continued. If this particular part of 2+2 is to ever be even partially civilized, the need for a concept of what is acceptable and unacceptable is obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is inappropriate for "a concept of what is acceptable and unacceptable" to be changeable at the whim of someone who has shown that he cannot be relied upon to excercise good judgment.

[ QUOTE ]
In another thread, I was warned for posting insulting remarks toward either Cyrus or Chris Alger (I don't remember which)...I'm certain that had I continued on the same path, my fate would have been the same as jokerswild's, and rightfully so.

[/ QUOTE ]

We shall see.

[ QUOTE ]

But, as I said in the thread jw got banned over, its clear that only people who disagree with M6 are those who get banned, so I shouldn't be surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 08-18-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are protesting actions that you clearly lack a solid understanding of. Had you seen the messages MMMMMM has given to posters, not limited to jokerswild, you would know that M6, as moderator, has made it known that personal attacks of any kind are not to be tolerated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By your and MMMMMMM's standards, that is a false and defamatory statement. I presume you will apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a false and defamatory statement. It is fact. And if you have seen those messages, then you have chosen to ignore the intent of said messages.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jokerswild was given fair warning and continued. If this particular part of 2+2 is to ever be even partially civilized, the need for a concept of what is acceptable and unacceptable is obvious.

[/ QUOTE ] It is inappropriate for "a concept of what is acceptable and unacceptable" to be changeable at the whim of someone who has shown that he cannot be relied upon to excercise good judgment.

[/ QUOTE ]

It hasn't changed. The guideline laid out by M6, named by 2+2 as this forum's moderator, said that posts directly insulting and name-calling (attacking) will not be tolerated. Your defense of jokerswild is foolish.

If I were to continue to attack Alger or Cyrus or whoever after being warned, I have no doubt that I would be banned as well, at the very least temporarily suspended because I don't have a history of being an attacking troll. Your FYP is one of the dumbest of all time. I don't know how many people MMMMMM has felt the need to ban, and as far as I can tell JW is the only one. Your sample size of M6's banning procedure is far too small, but you clearly don't care about that.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Lou,

Saying someone does not understand something or that they ought to be aware of something is not defamatory.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how many people MMMMMM has felt the need to ban, and as far as I can tell JW is the only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus far jokerswild holds the sole honors.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that all you're ever going to reply to one of my posts with? Keep it in sports if you feel the need to be idiotic, don't bring the trolling all over the board. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the one being idiotic in my posts...