Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 09:56 AM

Default So you are against individual choice

[ QUOTE ]
Now even her family is tired of her unethical explotation of her son's death for political activism purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is that supposed to mean? That's reactionary, anti-liberty crap, masquerading as a dignified call for decorum.

A soldier dies in the war. His mother chooses to make a public political stand against the war. Other members of the family choose not to express publicly their opinion on the war.

(Note that there is no inherent "disrespect" when using the death of someone -friend, relative, stranger- to bring attention to a political issue. It is done routinely and rightly so. It's the context and the message that are important, not the cause that is used.)

So, both sides of the family are entitled to their respective opinions - and actions. The mother can continue to wage her campaign, if she so wishes. The other members can continue to be silent, or they can choose to come out and support the war and the president's actions. That, too, is their right.

What is it exactly that you find reprehensible in all that? Say what you wanna say.

Say that your underlying objection is that she's against the war.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Now hear from the family...

If there's anything we've learned in the news the past year from Schiavo's mother, The Aruba Girl's mother, its that mothers who lose their children are just plain crazy and easy as hell to manipulate.

Schiavo's mother by the radical pro-life movement, the Aruba girl by Fox News and CNN, and the latest by the Democratic machine.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The family's letter is a shameful and hypocritical attack on a grieving mother.

The fact that she wishes to be politically active, say her piece about the war including her personal loss MUST be respected.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it is shameful to disagree with the one family member who is politicizing another family member's death, but her disrespect for the choice Casey made (he volunteered) doesn't bother you.

This looks like assessing shame based on whether you agree with someone's political position.

The family is grieving too, why no respect for them?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your feelings on family members of fallen soldiers who say that we are doing the right thing in Iraq? Those who say that their loved one died fighting for a noble cause. Are they guilty of politicizing their grief and loss?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:07 PM

Can you prove that she was manipulated? Are there secret meetings with the Democratic leadership you know about?

I agree that mothers who lose children lose their minds a little bit, but just because they take the side you disagree with does not mean that they were manipulated into that opinion.

As a side note, I highly doubt you would claim manipulation if she were on your side.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:13 PM

Who gives a crap about what they think? Cindy is Casey's MOTHER. Call it "politicizing the war" or whatever you want (which in itself sounds stupid). Of course she has the damn right to question the death of her son. In fact, everyone in the immediate family (Cindy's husband and remaning children) are behind Cindy 100%.

If anybody is at fault, its the freakin' in-laws (not suprisingly, only one of those assholes signed the letter) for outting their own flesh and blood and in public.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:31 PM

how weak and pathetic. "The family" -- her husband (Casey's father and siblings) are behing Cindy 100%. Her in-laws decide to join the right-wing scum attacking her, and you post it as "hear from the family" in a lame attempt to imply that some close relations are involved.

For shame. A new low, even for you.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the family as a whole needs support, and her actions were callous to the whole family and the memory of a son who volunteered for service?

I think it is a sad situation on all sides, but only one person is out there campaigning politically with little respect for a fallen family member. Sometimes, a family intervention is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I die before my mom, please tell her how she should grieve for me and honor my memory. You speak as though you know the way it SHOULD be done.

Frankly, I think it takes some serious balls to call into question any mother's way of mourning her dead child.

I don't have children yet, but my father passed away when I was 13. If ANYONE (family included) told me how I should feel or how I should behave when I was grieving; if any of them judged me in my grief, I would beat their ass in 6 ways from Sunday.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:04 PM

Look at Micheal Moors website, from what I've heard she's been talking with him and she is on his website. If thats true, that is manipulation. Even dems should dissagree with Moore.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:05 PM

When was the last time you saw one of them making the headline news story, and being influenced directly by people on one side of the political spectrum?
Old 08-12-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would beat their ass in 6 ways from Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were 13, dont try and act so tough.