Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Default I had my Fanasty Draft today on Yahoo

What do you guys think of my team?
This was a 10 member league and I was the 7th to pick. The scoring is a little different than normal. TD passes are 4 pts, 1 pt every 10 yards, and defensive return TD's are 6 points. Kickers lose points for missing FG under 50 yards. Let me know what you think. It probably sucks but I don't follow football like I used to.
Scoring is 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, and Defense.

QB M. Bulger
(StL - QB)

QB K. Collins
(Oak - QB)

WR M. Harrison
(Ind - WR)

WR C. Chambers
(Mia - WR)

WR L. Coles
(NYJ - WR)

RB T. Barber
(NYG - RB)

RB J. Bettis
(Pit - RB)

TE Da. Clark
(Ind - TE)

BN M. Bennett
(Min - RB)

BN T. Houshmandzadeh
(Cin - WR)

BN T. Taylor
(Min - WR)

BN B. Jacobs
(NYG - RB)

BN J. Losman
(Buf - QB)

K D. Akers
(Phi - K)

(Buf - DEF)
Old 08-21-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: I had my Fanasty Draft today on Yahoo

Did you forget to draft in the first round?
Old 08-21-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you forget to draft in the first round?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was late for the draft and the computer picked Marvin Harrison for me. I probably would have ended up picking him anyway though. My first real pick was Tiki Barber in the 2nd round.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:58 PM

Why would you have picked Marvin Harrison anyway? He is not going until late 2nd round or early 3rd in some drafts.

Take whoever falls to you out of these, especially if you like WR since you picked Harrison: Tomlinson, Priest, Alexander, Peyton, Moss, McGahee, Edgirrin James.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would you have picked Marvin Harrison anyway? He is not going until late 2nd round or early 3rd in some drafts.

Take whoever falls to you out of these, especially if you like WR since you picked Harrison: Tomlinson, Priest, Alexander, Peyton, Moss, McGahee, Edgirrin James.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the league starts 3 WR's and 2 QB's and 2 RB's. Why is that a bad pick? Isn't he the #1 receiver for Manning? I don't follow football like I used to, but I thought it was a good pick. The only one left from your group was McGahee. Someone picked Culpepper instead.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the league starts 3 WR's and 2 QB's and 2 RB's. Why is that a bad pick? Isn't he the #1 receiver for Manning? I don't follow football like I used to, but I thought it was a good pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Harrison is Peyton's #1 receiver, but Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokely, and Dallas Clark are also being picked high in fantasy drafts, so Harrison has a lot of competition in Indianapolis. First and foremost, Harrison was a bad pick because great RB's should be your first option in rounds 1 and 2, AND Harrison most likely would have been available with your 14th pick in the 2nd round.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the league starts 3 WR's and 2 QB's and 2 RB's. Why is that a bad pick? Isn't he the #1 receiver for Manning? I don't follow football like I used to, but I thought it was a good pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Harrison is Peyton's #1 receiver, but Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokely, and Dallas Clark are also being picked high in fantasy drafts, so Harrison has a lot of competition in Indianapolis. First and foremost, Harrison was a bad pick because great RB's should be your first option in rounds 1 and 2, AND Harrison most likely would have been available with your 14th pick in the 2nd round.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh OK. I see your point. So basically I should have picked a guy that is the only good player on the offensive side of a team. This is the first time I have been in a football draft, so I am new to this. Oh well. Live and learn.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh OK. I see your point. So basically I should have picked a guy that is the only good player on the offensive side of a team. This is the first time I have been in a football draft, so I am new to this. Oh well. Live and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Marvin Harrison would be a good pick, but not in the first round. I'm saying Marvin Harrison is not a good enough player to be taken in the first round in any draft, unless the scoring system makes WR's the top position. Great RB's are hard to come by, so the majority of the time you should make one your top pick. Had you picked whoever dropped to you out of the 7 players I listed before, you most likely could have gotten Marvin Harrison, or Terrell Owens for that matter, in the 2nd round.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:39 PM

You need another RB....Go back and see if Larry Johnson of the Chiefs is out there and try to pick him up. Good luck, you'll need it.
Old 08-21-2005, 04:28 PM

I would like your draft a lot more if you had McGahee and Tiki and receivers who aren't as good. Bettis and Bennett are alright, but you should always try and get 2 stud backs on your team even with the starting positions.