Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Empire\'s 15 day rule: hope it costs them $

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit confused.
Is the restriction:
No bonus if you withdrew within 15 days before deposit?
or
No bonus if you withdraw within 15 days after your deposit? (as some have suggested for EuroBet)
or
Something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

you cannot get the bonus if you withdrew in the past 15 days prior to depositing for the bonus. christ you cant even be a winning player and like to withdraw your money every now and then. is this the end of party's dominance?

[/ QUOTE ]

With us maybe. I don't see this as the proverbial "straw" that will break the camels back, causing a mass exodus by us. But when you think about it, they have lost a lot of business in the recent months. Granted some of that was "bad business" that Party and friends could do without.

When Party itself stopped Rakeback I'm sure they lost a little of our business. Sure ppl could and did move on to a skin that where Rakeback is an option, but those 12 and 16 tablers out there only have so many skins to choose from before they are booting up the competitions software to fill that empty screen.

Then Empire did their account closing spiel, which may have been a good move for them, but it's still bad for business in our Point of View

Now this, I've already seen some posts claiming that Empire has lost their business. I have had the same problems with the bonus that everyone else is having. I did a cashout the day before the bonus went live, being unaware of the "15 day rule". I have already sent them a nice e-mail about the problem, and when I get the inevitable "15 day reply", I am going to send them an even nicer e-mail asking them why they feel it is alright to keep their customers in the dark about certain policies and procedures that pertain to them. Barring the response to that e-mail, this may be the conclusion of my business with party.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:50 PM

this is the nuttiest thing I have ever seen on a site. First it is unfair but if in fact it is happening and it is not stated in the bonus terms and conditions then it is play old false and illegal advertising. Now, all you have to do is withdraw your money but it still seems very fraudelent. I think the bonus stinks and won't be taking advantage of it but I do not believe that party will follow the same path.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:14 PM

I think some people don’t understand Economics 101 and the purpose and target audience for price discriminating offers.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
christ you cant even be a winning player and like to withdraw your money every now and then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a thought. Maybe the site wants to throw the losing players a carrot to entice them to come back and spend more money. Looking for "people who haven't made a withdrawal recently" is a darn good way to identify people who are losers and won't play unless incentivized.

Some promotions are loyalty bonuses for existing customers, some are to lure in new customers, and some are to try to keep the losing players from giving up.

Of course, whatever they do, they still should spell it out up front in the T&Cs.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:47 PM

Old 06-24-2005, 07:42 PM

i personaly have not played at empire since the account closure [censored] even though my account was ot closed with the exception of the $10 for 300 raked hands they put in my account which was 1 sng and i dont have plan on going back till they get their [censored] together
Old 06-24-2005, 07:50 PM

I didn't get the bonus either. I sent an e-mail and they responded with

Thank you for contacting us.

We have forwarded your query to the concerned department, they are going to look into this issue for you. Please give us 48 hours time to have this issue rectified.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this, we appreciate your cooperation and in this regard.

I also received an e-mail saying the bonus was added to my account before i sent the e-mail complaining about not getting it. I never heard of the 15-day rule. If i dont get the bonus i will not play there again.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

You have been awarded a bonus amount of $100 and the money has been added into your Bonus account. All you need to do now is to play play 1500 raked hands raked hands and the bonus amount will be released to your Real money account.

The bonus offer expires on 03-JUL-05 EST. Hence, you have to play these hands by 03-JUL-05 EST. If the above conditions are not met, your bonus will expire. For details and disclaimer click http://www.empirepoker.com/offers/ca...striction.htm.

Hope you are having an exciting time playing at Empire Poker. Do check the latest promotions by visiting our monthly events calendar.

VIP club member? You deserve more! We have just launched The VIP Customer Support Team - 24/7, personal, fast, and efficient.
EXCLUSIVE for our VIP Players Club.

From now on, contact us anytime at vip@empirepoker.com

Sincerely Yours,
Customer Care Manager
info@empirepoker.com
www.ep.com
Old 06-24-2005, 07:56 PM

Ok, I guess this is a brag thread, I deposited lastnight, sw the bonus expired, and sent them an email. I went here and saw the 15 day rule posted here, looked at Empire and did not find any such rule, I did see the Wd rule that is about the same as that at Stars, I got an email from then stating they would look into it, I never got another email, I checked my account today, and the bonus $ is back. I did not make any withdrawels in the past 15 days, I did transfer some funds to another player.

tobdog
Old 06-24-2005, 08:12 PM

It would have been funnier if they said you were not eligible for the bonus if you have made a withdrawal within the last square root of 225 days.