Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 06:05 PM

Default How many bets did I miss?

Just joined the table - no reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (11.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.16 BB
Old 10-19-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: How many bets did I miss?

You missed 1 bet on the river. (I think this is true regardless of his holding)

Any other additional preflop raise would have likely stifled your future action (unless he has QQ, where you don't want future action).
Old 10-19-2005, 06:43 PM

I would lead the flop hoping to get raised and go from there.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:50 PM

i 3 bet the river as well, i think a draw is very unlikely here, a hand like kq is much more likely.

also i like the check raise on the flop, in a raised pot, this is a somewhat dangerous flop for a set. betting out here with the pfr on your right is going to give alot of draws correct or almost correct odds to take a card off.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:12 PM

I 3 bet this pf and then lead the flop hoping to get raised so I can 3-bet and then lead the turn.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3 bet this pf and then lead the flop hoping to get raised so I can 3-bet and then lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, not 3-betting this preflop is almost criminal.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:18 PM

I usually three bet the flop but in this case it looks like doing so may have cost you bets because villain may have slowed down in fear of a set or overpair. So I don't count the pf bets.

Moving on, at least one on the river, maybe two because villain may be in a capping mood.