Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: I\'ll tell you who wins the apprentice...

"it's not the apprentii"... classic. The guy can definitely think on his feet.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:29 AM

This is the first apprentice I saw the whole season, but I really think that dude came off as a huge [censored] when he said she shouldnt get the job. It seemed like he did it for selfish reasons too, not because he didnt like the chick...can u guys who watched the season clue me in on this situation a little more? Did the two of them ever have beef?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:59 AM

yeah but she's a tough broad. she'd chew up caroline and spit her out. nevertheless the pole dancer comment is very funny.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 AM

"Did the two of them ever have beef?"

never. it was all hugs kisses and mutual appreciation until the very end. trump really should have second guessed himself when randall made an ass of himself like that.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Losing the apprentice is probably better than winning. You can probably get a better job.

[/ QUOTE ]

play meddling mage
name "pikula tells the truth" as the card that can't be played
Old 12-16-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

never. it was all hugs kisses and mutual appreciation until the very end. trump really should have second guessed himself when randall made an ass of himself like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. He obviously is a smart guy. I would have done the same thing. He now works for Trump. Its his job to help Trump make good decisions. He believed that she was not the quality that Trump needed for the position, so he didnt want to give what he thought was bad advice to Donald. Instead of saying all this after the fact that he had won, he simply made it seem like there should only be one winner since it is called "The Apprentice". He didnt want to rub it in to Rebecca after winning in front of tons of people because that would make him look like an ass, so he blamed it on the show rules, which wouldnt come across nearly as bad. The guys a genius IMO.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:14 PM

I saw it coming when trump said "This makes my decision easy" after they picked different projects. Then Randall screwed it all up.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah but she's a tough broad. she'd chew up caroline and spit her out. nevertheless the pole dancer comment is very funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's really funny is she really was a pole dancer.

The Smoking Gun
Old 12-16-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's really funny is she really was a pole dancer.

The Smoking Gun

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting read - i wonder how much of this, if any, was discovered by Trump/NBC during the background check.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. He obviously is a smart guy. I would have done the same thing. He now works for Trump. Its his job to help Trump make good decisions. He believed that she was not the quality that Trump needed for the position, so he didnt want to give what he thought was bad advice to Donald. Instead of saying all this after the fact that he had won, he simply made it seem like there should only be one winner since it is called "The Apprentice". He didnt want to rub it in to Rebecca after winning in front of tons of people because that would make him look like an ass, so he blamed it on the show rules, which wouldnt come across nearly as bad. The guys a genius IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you call genius destroying your rep in two seconds of television time.

Two choices here, hire her or don't hire her.

Choice 1 - Hire Her. What do you lose? A bit of glory. Everyone already knows you "won". Allowing her to also get a job will take nothing away from you. She's going to have a different job than you. By being magnanimous, you enhance your nice guy rep, everyone already loves you, now they really will because you did the right thing.

Choice 2 - Don't Hire Her. Upside is all the glory. You already had that. Downside is huge. You worked for weeks to build a nice guy image. Now, even if you are correct, you appear like a dick. If you had merely won, no one would remember you in a few years. Now, everyone will remember you as the dick who wouldn't hire her when the boss clearly wanted to.

Sometimes there's a choice between being correct and doing the right thing. He might have been correct, but clearly, it wasn't the right thing to do. You only need to read the Apprentice message boards to know how much he destroyed his rep in just a few seconds. Reputations take a lifetime (or 13 weeks) to build and seconds to destroy. No amount of rationalization or explaining will ever get that back.