Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Poker_Jedi on PartyPoker?

Anyone here ever play against this guy? Anyone have success? I've run into him a number of times the past couple days at the $100 NL games on Party, and he's always up a good amount of cash. What's funny is that when I observe his play I don't think he's that good, but when I look at all the tables he's playing he's definitely making money. They guy seems VERY aggressive, and a little loose as well, but he's obviously making it work for him.

My buddy & I have both looked in on some of his play and through 250-300 hands his VP$IP is about 30% and his PFR% is like 12%.

Anyone play against him? Any advice for playing against a guy like this? He took all my money yesterday when I had KK to a board of all undercards with a flush draw. I made a pot bet after the flop and he put me all in...I called figuring he was on a flush draw (he likes to go all in on flush draws a lot). He was on an ace high flush draw, making me about a 55% favorite, and he hit, taking my stack...still though I felt I made the right play.

Any advice against this guy, or others like him?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Poker_Jedi on PartyPoker?

Get your money in with the best hand and accept the fact that variance happens.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get your money in with the best hand and accept the fact that variance happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-12-2005, 05:36 PM

I remember palying against this guy once or twice maybe.

He seemed nothing special to me, not a moron, but not tricky either. Uses aggression in wrong spots, nothing unorthodox... PREDICTABLE. Typical learning NL25 player.

You HAVE to learn to BEAT these guys. You'll be encountered with MUCH better opposition when you move up. But still 70-90% will be fiiiiiiiiiish.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:15 PM

Why focus on one guy? There are plenty of fish in the sea.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:16 PM

Challenge him heads up. You should be able to get a handle on his game for the cost of a few hundred bucks.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:17 PM

you don't make your money on these tables against the 30/12 guys. If you catch a hand against them you will make money. You make your money by avoiding 30/12 guys and taking money fromthe fish.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the advice, I was winning at the table, by doing just that: avoiding him. Then I ran into him with KK and got beaten by the deck. There are definitely plenty of fish that I'm not really concerned with him, but was curious in case I run into him again.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice, I was winning at the table, by doing just that: avoiding him. Then I ran into him with KK and got beaten by the deck. There are definitely plenty of fish that I'm not really concerned with him, but was curious in case I run into him again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore the people saying that you should avoid and not worry about the good players. You will need to learn how to exploit all the players at the table as you move up, and it doesn't hurt to get the practice now. My advice would be to:

1) Review the hands you played against the good player
2) Try to see where you messed up, and how you would play it next time. Think of ways to combat their style.
3) Post the hands that you are still not sure about.
4) Repeat 1-3.