101-150 0 0%
151-200 0 0%
200+ 4 11.76%
50-75 9 26.47%
76-100 5 14.71%
<50 16 47.06%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Racist or not?...you make the call.

[ QUOTE ]
Why does that statement get you so upset?

[/ QUOTE ]

um... I'm not upset.

Just pointing out that he's wrong... though I admit that seeing a lot of other people be wrong as well is somewhat unsettling.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:36 PM

Okay, whats a race then genius?

I'll give you a hint, its a social construct. Thus jews can be a "race" just as well as niggers can.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Pretty clearly racist, or depending on how you define "race" and "jew" at least offensive and stupid.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, whats a race then genius?

I'll give you a hint, its a social construct. Thus jews can be a "race" just as well as niggers can.

[/ QUOTE ]

1: "A race is a distinct population of humans distinguished in some way from other humans. The most widely observed races are those based on skin color, facial features, ancestry, and genetics. Conceptions of race, as well as specific racial groupings, are often controversial due to their impact on social identity hence identity politics. "

2: "The biological definition of race is an categorization of organisms with differing characteristics while maintaining enough similiarities to be a part of a common genus and species. The word race in this context can be considered synomynious with sub-species."

3: "Biology. an interbreeding subgroup of a species whose individuals are geographically, physiologically, or chromosomally distinct from other members of the species. Anthropology. 1. a geographical variation in the human population, identified by a range of genetic characteristics such as hair and skin color, eye color and shape, facial features, body build, and blood group"

Biology question: If someone with the Jewish gene mates with someone with the Catholic gene, is the offspring Catholic or Jewish? If the offspring ends up being Catholic, will his or her mating with a Muslim lead to a Catholic offspring or a Muslim offspring... or perhaps the dormant Jewish gene will spring forth...? You should be able to answer this question, knowing so much about race.

Oh yeah... that's right... religion is not genetic, while things like skin color are (or "nigger-ness" as you so eloquently put it.)
Old 11-28-2005, 03:15 PM

"2: "The biological definition of race is an categorization of organisms with differing characteristics while maintaining enough similiarities to be a part of a common genus and species. The word race in this context can be considered synomynious with sub-species."

Where is this taken from? Because its completely false. Find me one biologist who won't discredit the notion of "races" as "subspecies" and I'll find you a total moron.

Putting numbers in front of your made up information doesn't lend your idiocy any more credence.

THERE IS MORE GENETIC VARIATION WITHIN SO CALLED RACES THAN BETWEEN THEM IF RAW GENETIC VARIATION WAS THE EQUIVALENCE OF "RACE" THAN THERE WOULD ONLY BE ONE RACE OUTSIDE OF SUBSAHARAN AFRICA.

This is so incredibly old news. Which rock have you been hiding under again?

You equate phenotypic variation with "sub-species..." interesting, a taxonomist you are not.

Seriously, go get yourself educated about the history of "races," and you will find that they are socially constructed notions of in/out group identities. That they shift throughout time--in relation to shifting social meanings.

Since you like numbers so much, please try to define some "races" for me. This should be fun.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is this taken from?

[/ QUOTE ]

A dictionary.

[ QUOTE ]
Putting numbers in front of your made up information doesn't lend your idiocy any more credence

[/ QUOTE ]

So I'm an idiot because I know that race and religion are two different things? oook.

[ QUOTE ]
Since you like numbers so much, please try to define some "races" for me. This should be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a better idea. How about I laugh about the fact that I know I'm right and don't crumble whenever someone makes a Jewish joke and start calling him a racist.

Yeah - I like that idea better.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:31 PM

Way to avoid answering...maybe because you are wrong?

Nice work, I'm glad you "know you are right," I mean, despite the fact that you are wrong. Thats really impressive. I can tell you've done a lot of thinking about this issue.

So your authority was dictionary.com?

Thats laughable.

Whats funnier? That you felt the need to edit an already worthless source.

You are a joke, and a disgrace. Ooops...I said race.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah... that's right... religion is not genetic, while things like skin color are

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all Jews are religious. You seem to be ignoring the fact that Jews were prevented from intermarrying with the rest of the world for large periods of time. Of course the concept of race is nebulous enough that you could argue either way, but to dismiss it off hand just because Judaism is a religion is ignorant.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:49 PM

is being jewish considered a "race" wouldn't this be considered something other than "racism" Certainly could be construed as offensive but I consider this more of a slam on religion and not so much race...am I wrong here?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:55 PM

well, real Judaism IS A RACE. That's the whole point. It's supposedly God's chosen race and orthodox Jews can trace their lineage to Israel. but hey, it's a lot more fun to sound smart/clever/nitty/whatever, right?