Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 06:23 AM

Default Re: PlayerView (a Poker HUD) SnG support.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't tried this software yet, but just curious why you don't just add it into the software where the user can selectively turn on and off the stats he wants to see instead of trying to cram the screen full of them when certain players won't even look at half the stats and they are just kinda in the way? Just a suggestion, and ignore me if you have actually already implemented this feature as I have not used the software, although if it continues to progress nicely I am sure I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only have you been able to choose EXACTLY the stats you want from day 1 but you have been able to choose EXACTLY where they go. If you want Seat1's stats on the dealers head and Seat 10's stats over the chat box then thats fine you can do that (though I don't recommend it).

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

~CT
Old 11-22-2004, 10:10 AM

What do those 3 numbers mean under each player in that picture?
Old 11-22-2004, 10:30 AM

I started using Playerview for limit ring a few weeks ago. I found the program to be very helpful. Much more user friendly than the PT Game time window. Especially helpful for multi-table play. Here are some thoughts on using Playerview for SnGs:

1. How do Key Stats change as blinds increase. Can we have filters to check key stats at each blind level or at early, mid, and late game levels.

2. Hands raised with. I use this feature in Pokertracker but it wasnt available in Playerview. Is it possible to have this feature for the Playerview.

Im a novice sng player. Would like to hear more from the experts. I think this is a useful tool and we should take advantage of this opportunity or provide input to some 2+2 programmers.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:15 AM

1. How do Key Stats change as blinds increase. Can we have filters to check key stats at each blind level or at early, mid, and late game levels.

To achieve the same you may use filtering past stats by number of players. (Display opponent's stats only from hands with same as current number of players left in tournament).

Let me quote my own text from another thread:

I thought about it and understood that both: levels (game stages) and current number of players left in tournament (I suggest showing opponent's stats basing on number of players) are same indirect and non-precise functions of BLINDS/STACK ratio. Actually we need information on how opponents plays with specific BLINDS/STACK ratio. Levels or number of players are both reflecting BLINDS/STACK ratio about equally bad/well. That's why I suggested filtering stats on opponents by number of players left - it will be easier (because various tournaments has different blinds/levels structure).
Old 11-22-2004, 11:19 AM

Good idea Soleo. I think a filter based on number of players would work well.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:24 AM

I suppose that PV should auto-set it to current number of players left at table and set it different for each table (if multitabling).
CT11, do you think this kind of filtering is possible (distinguishing filter/number left between tables)?
Old 11-22-2004, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

CT11, do you think this kind of filtering is possible (distinguishing filter/number left between tables)?

[/ QUOTE ]

It already does this sort of thing for the limit so it should be no problem. Each table is internally represented separately. It will also most likely auto set the limit filter with a configurable threshold (eg 7 players +/-2).

I'm hoping that soon we'll have tournaments working with at least basic stats.

~CT
Old 11-22-2004, 03:49 PM

Hehe, ok, forgive my ignorant post without knowing what I'm talking about then. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I guess I'm gonna have to download and try it out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, what is the "River Aggression Patch" for?