Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 01:46 AM

Default is the borgata poker rate available to new players?

i have never set foot in the borgata before to play, but i'm going to be going the second weekend in november and would like to get the "$125/night/8 hours of play" poker rate

is this rate available to someone making a reservation that has never played there before, but intends on playing at least 8 hours each day that i am going to be visiting? (friday and saturday)
Old 09-27-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: is the borgata poker rate available to new players?

just make sure you book the room through a poker manager my fav is Paula
Old 09-27-2005, 02:02 AM

so call the borgata, ask to be connected to the poker room, and do i provide a credit card number in advance?

is it pretty much assured that they will honor the rate when i do arrive?
Old 09-27-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have never set foot in the borgata before to play, but i'm going to be going the second weekend in november and would like to get the "$125/night/8 hours of play" poker rate

is this rate available to someone making a reservation that has never played there before, but intends on playing at least 8 hours each day that i am going to be visiting? (friday and saturday)

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is no. I tried today. You have to have recorded poker play to get the rate.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:43 AM

are you aware of how much previous play you would need?

i wouldnt be going until the weekend of the 11th of november, and i could easily fit a weekend trip to AC in sometime during november
Old 09-27-2005, 06:16 AM

You just have to have at least one session. They need you to be in the computer as having played poker before.

-Yarney
Old 09-27-2005, 06:29 AM

In addition, you can get the poker rate from the main reservation number (you don't need to call the poker room), so long as you have previous play.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so call the borgata, ask to be connected to the poker room, and do i provide a credit card number in advance?

is it pretty much assured that they will honor the rate when i do arrive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to stay for the poker rate all the time last winter and spring, atleast 2 times a week. Back then it was only 40/night, i see ur staying fri-sat so maybe that is why its more. When i stayed at the poker rate i had to call up from the poker room and they would give me one from there, if i didnt play my 8 hours i'd be charged regular price. I never tried calling ahead for a room at the poker rate and i'm not sure if they let you do that, i think you have to have atleast some time, like an hour or so of time logged for that day before they give you it.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never tried calling ahead for a room at the poker rate and i'm not sure if they let you do that, i think you have to have atleast some time, like an hour or so of time logged for that day before they give you it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can call and book a room at the poker rate as far in advance as you want. To echo everyone else in the thread, you do need to have at least 4 hours of play under your belt before you are eligible to reserve a room at the poker rate.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:57 PM

Does the 4 hours have to be at one session?
I was just there yesterday. Stayed with a comped room. I did about 3 and half hours at 1 2 no limit and took a break and did another 2 hours and did the Tuesday morning tourny.