Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Bankroll for multitables?

I've started playing 2/4 a while ago, and found myself thinking about this problem.

The general rule is 300bb, but how does it change when you play for example 4 tables, or maybe even 8 tables. You can't possible cope with the same BR? Is there an easy formula for this?

Didn't find anything with search and I think this could help many others too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Bankroll for multitables?

I'm not sure but I think the bankroll is the same playing 1 or 8 tables doesn't change anything in a mathematicaly point of view but you can maybe higher your bankroll because of some error risks like clicking the wrong button or making wrong plays.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:41 AM

Hmm, haven't looked it from that point of view. Of course you can think it as if you just were playing more hours on 1 table. Thanks!

I thought that the variance would be bigger, but now that I think of it... I'm a complete moron! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 07:57 AM

Nope, it's just more hands, that's only variance with time, which is fine! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 08:03 AM

I don't agree with that. When you play more tables you higher the risk for error as I already said before. When you play 4 tables (especially with an unadapted monitor) you expose yourself to the risk of wrong play or wrong button clicking. So you may higher your bankroll. or You can make sure you don't make those wrong moves.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:22 AM

Well, I wouldn't think it would make too much of a difference, unless you are constantly mis-reading your hand and making costly mistakes.

Most people will gradually move up from 1 table, to 2, to 3, to 4, anyways.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:30 AM

That's true that people move up the tables fast but I personally don't think it's a good strategy. Of course playing 4 tables when you get a good hand on a table and rags that you autofold on others causes no problem. The real problem comes when you are delt premieum hand on all of the tables you play and when you missplay your pocket aces and don't protect them correctly you may lose a hole pot on it. This especially happens when you are delet draws and want to see if you have pot odds to call or raise the hand this can be tricky if you have to play 4 tables at once and are limited in timing.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:52 AM

that's why you don't jump from 1 table to 4 right away. it's a gradual process of adding tables, and after a while, these "mistakes" almost never occur, and if they do, it probably won't kill ya.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:35 AM

I jumped straight from 1 to 4 tables, no problem [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] .

When I jumped from 0.5/1 to 2/4 I also kept 4 tables all the time. Didn't start 2/4 with one table, and have been doing great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 09:52 AM

Wow that's great I personally have an old monitor and seem to have problems 4 tabling so I keep it at 3 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. AS said before as far as you don't make stupid mistakes or clicking another button because a window pops up the bankroll can remain the same as if you were playing 1 table.