Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Quick $500 Foxoods report

[ QUOTE ]
Again, dealers baaaaad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad dealer almost wrongfully gave me a big me a big pot in the Act III. Early stages I raised to 200 from middle position with KQ. Goofy kid calls from the button as does the BB. Flop = JJ8 rainbow. I take a stab at it and bet 500. Goofy kid calls and BB folds.

I'm basically done with the hand when an Ace [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hits the turn, putting 2 hearts on board. The goofy kid was already short stacked and only had 1000 left from a starting stack of 5000. I think I can represent the Ace now and take it down so i bet his last 1000. He groans that he knows he's beat but he's gonna call to try and hit his flush.

We turn up our hands and am so pleased that I've been bluffing with the best hand. The River is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I'm thinking "finally someone misses their draw against me." The kid says good game and walks away and the dealer starts pushing me the pot when someone tells her she's giving this 4900 pot to the wrong player.

She looks at his cards which were almost in the muck and the kid had 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I honestly didn't see it and neither did anyone else at the table including the dealer.

I never recovered from the hand mentally because I was so pissed that I went against my game plan which is not to play early levels except with absolutley premium hands because the magoos playing garbage hands always do a number on me.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:47 PM

What website do you go to check the these tournament standings.... didnt see any listings on Foxwoods website
Old 11-03-2005, 04:50 PM

http://www.pokerpages.com/
Old 11-03-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And what about those new chips, sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really a fan of ceramic chips, but they're okay I guess...the biggest problem with them was how similar the $25s and $100s look from the side - I had a $100 stuck in the middle of my $25 stack a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but. . . you gotta admit. . . much better than the green & grey chips that would stick together if you squeezed them hard enough.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but. . . you gotta admit. . . much better than the green & grey chips that would stick together if you squeezed them hard enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but those weren't the chips they used for the big events - they have some nice solid-colored Paulsons they used to use. And now those have replaced the sticky green, gray, etc. ones you are referring to...so those things are completely out of the picture, thank goodness...
Old 11-04-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
were down to the final 20 out of 1286 i think. i go back in a couple hrs to play the last two tables. avg stack is 96k... i have 63k. maybe 5 good players... 10 mediocre... and 5 really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was there too, first out on day 3 (20th place) as a short stack pushing in early pos with 5-5, got called by 10-10. i'm forever 2nd guessing my decision to push here, since even though i was short i was within 1 double up of the median and mean. of course im only 2nd guessing because someone woke up with a higher pp. i dont see how i can fold that hand in the position i was in.

so who were you and how did you end up? i was the young guy with the striped blue and black sweater (table 2 seat 3). was i one of the 10 mediocre? no, tell me i was one of the 5 really bad! that would rock!

hope you did well. it was a blast.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again, dealers baaaaad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a new dealer either, I've played at her tables many times. She's just kind of a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can a chick be a 'douche'?

Yambag, yes. Douche, no.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can a chick be a 'douche'?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are they running limit HE games above 20/40?

[/ QUOTE ]

50-100 all day.

Durs