Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-27-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: is the borgata poker rate available to new players?

[ QUOTE ]
Does the 4 hours have to be at one session?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it's total, so you should be fine. When you call to book a poker rated room, they will let you know if you qualify for one with your prior play.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never tried calling ahead for a room at the poker rate and i'm not sure if they let you do that, i think you have to have atleast some time, like an hour or so of time logged for that day before they give you it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can call and book a room at the poker rate as far in advance as you want. To echo everyone else in the thread, you do need to have at least 4 hours of play under your belt before you are eligible to reserve a room at the poker rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said this is the reason you have to talk to a poker manager, Paula not only got us the rate but also signed me up for a card and all I had to do is pick it up in the poker room
Old 09-29-2005, 12:16 PM

I booked the poker rate for a saturday night through the main reservation desk recently and was told that it only required 4 hours of play during a prior visit. I was also told that no play was required during the visit for which I booked the room to secure the rate for that night. In other words, it's based on previous play and not on the number of hours you promise to play. This seems to be true at least for weekends.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I booked the poker rate for a saturday night through the main reservation desk recently and was told that it only required 4 hours of play during a prior visit. I was also told that no play was required during the visit for which I booked the room to secure the rate for that night. In other words, it's based on previous play and not on the number of hours you promise to play. This seems to be true at least for weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, however there is a better rate that you can get. If you play >8 hours during the day you are staying (6am-6am) the poker room will bring your rate down to $49. I know this is true during the week, I'm not sure about weekends though.

Durs

Durs
Old 09-29-2005, 04:18 PM

This is not true during the weekend.

-Yarney