Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Borgata WPT Side Action - How is it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I was there they were spreading a 150/300. I think I saw Michael Gracz playing it but wasn't sure it was him. I was playing a short handed 6/12 game on a neighboring table at 5am and saw Paul Darden walk by looking lost and told him to join us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this last night (Monday)? If so I was playing with you. I sat 6/12 short and 10/20 all night and the action was really good. They also had a 10/25 NL game going that had huge stacks at the table.

Durs

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it was last week. But someone asked Darden to join their short 6/12 game at 5am again? Now that's a coincidence. The only other good player at the table was sitting directly across from me (I was in the 9 or 10 seat) from VA and told me he worked for the government. If that's you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope wasn't me. I was there playing Monday night into Tuesday morning. Nobody asked Darden to play but he walked by and seemed pretty shot sometime late night/early morning.

Durs
Old 09-20-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Borgata WPT Side Action - How is it?

[ QUOTE ]
Unbelievable game...I got buried like 6k on 3 outers, etc,

[/ QUOTE ] I feel like this post should be bumped every time someone starts talking about the "juicy" 40-80 and 80-160 games. No matter how soft the game, you've got to be ready to lose 50 BB. [I know Jeffage knows this.] IMO, if you're not comfortable dropping 8K, don't play 80-160.