Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Lederer and Hellmuth Videos

I watched Lederer's first video via PPV. It was $9.95 and I thought it was good, though basic and a little dry. My first problem/question is he referred quite a bit to some handouts that I (having gotten it on PPV) could not look at and follow along with. Does anyone know how I could get copies. Would anyone be willing to facismile copies?

Second, I have seen a tape for sale from Lederer called "Tells All." It apparently covers Tells (of course). Has anyone seen this? If so, please provide a review.

Finally, any review of Hellmuth's four DVDs/Tapes would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Lederer and Hellmuth Videos

You're asking people to give you copyrighted material on a publisher's website? I get that you paid for the PPV and all; but as you point out, it didn't include any of the written material that comes with the tape. Maybe a friend who purchased the tape will allow you to review the docs, but publicly asking strangers to FAX you the handouts is taking it a bit far.

Better yet, if you found the video worth asking for, why don't you buy it? I believe pokersourceonline.com may even offer it as a promotional item in their frequent flopper store, it may not have to cost you a thing.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:13 AM

I used my trial of blockbuster.com for my free ipod and I got Helmuth's Million $ poker system. Most worthless piece of trash I have ever watched. I turned it off after I watched 20 minutes and slept throught the next 15. Spend the time reading SSH & TOP instead. Must better money. SS2 will likely be the best source of information from the celebrity pro's when it comes out in 2005 (or nowish if you're on doylesroom.com). From what i've heard, the only poker video's worth any money at all are Caro's tell movies. If you have a hard time visualizing what he describes in his book then I guess they're supposed to be a worthwhile learning aid if you're looking to improve the psych side of your game.

Freakin
Old 11-17-2004, 01:47 AM

Go to wal mart. Lederer is in the $5 DVD bin
Old 11-17-2004, 02:11 AM

Howard's DVD is great for players just starting out; it's a really good gift idea.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:56 PM

In the twoplustwo classified section there is a link to get a free Lederer DVD covering online poker play for signing up with full tilt. If you enter an email address you get the charts from Lederers other dvds for free in a pdf file even if you dont complete the full tilt bonus.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:27 PM

Thanks a ton, ManMan. That was precisely what I was looking for. M.