Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 06-20-2004, 05:49 AM

Default Two hands - did i play them wrong?

First $50+$5 rebuy tournament with 130 players in ladbrokes. 15 players left blinds are 1500/3000 and i have 11500, (which was 2nd smallest stack) chips left. Im in button and get A4s everybody fold to me so i decide to raise allin when there two pretty tight players in blinds, with 20000 and 35000 stack. Big blind called with JJ and i was out. Something i could do better?

Then other hand in 50k guaranteed tournament in ladbrokes with about 800 players, after 1½hour 400 players left blinds 200/400 and i have 2.8k chips, im moved to another table and get JJ in first hand at utg+1 and UTG, with 7000 chips makes it 1200 to go and i think this is my chance to get possible doubles, other way blinds are going to eat me soon. So i raise back allin only UTG call and show QQ and im out. Could i play this situation any better?

- Jack
Old 06-20-2004, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Two hands - did i play them wrong?

Rejack,

don´t worry, you played both hands fine. Just bad luck that you ran into good hands both time. But with your stacksize there was nothing you could have done better.

Best regards

Martin Aigner
Old 06-20-2004, 06:06 AM

Yeah, I agree with Martin. Shortstacks and what not, you have to make a move. Just rough that they had better hands.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First $50+$5 rebuy tournament with 130 players in ladbrokes. 15 players left blinds are 1500/3000 and i have 11500, (which was 2nd smallest stack) chips left. Im in button and get A4s everybody fold to me so i decide to raise allin when there two pretty tight players in blinds, with 20000 and 35000 stack. Big blind called with JJ and i was out. Something i could do better?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't mention how many players at your table so I'm going to assume seven or eight. Given that assumption, you have five to six hands before the blinds come back and eat up a third of your stack. There are no antes at this level?

You are just about to the point of push or fold play here with maybe fifteen hands before your down to the felt.Your move all in amounted to a 4 x BB raise.Being on the button with no previous callers, I guess I can see this as a resonable move given your read on the blinds. A lot of players who feel they are short stacked start flinging chips and go into desperation mode without thinking about exctly how many hands that they have left to play. I'm not suggesting that here, but it is something to think about.

[ QUOTE ]
Then other hand in 50k guaranteed tournament in ladbrokes with about 800 players, after 1½hour 400 players left blinds 200/400 and i have 2.8k chips, im moved to another table and get JJ in first hand at utg+1 and UTG, with 7000 chips makes it 1200 to go and i think this is my chance to get possible doubles, other way blinds are going to eat me soon. So i raise back allin only UTG call and show QQ and im out. Could i play this situation any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

See above comments. Tough situation just arriving at table and no reads. I agree that if your going to play this hand at all against a 1200t raise, your better off pushing all in preflop rather than using a stop and go postflop.

Husker