Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 03-05-2005, 03:02 AM

Default General preflop question

Trying to adjust from six-max to full ring.

At a full table I've begun mucking KQo 100% of the time from EP even in ridiculously loose-passive games, and usually mucking KQo from MP except in the juiciest of such ridiculously loose-passive games. In LP I limp behind others (as long as the blinds are not maniacs who are too likely to raise), or open-raise from CO or Button.

With KQs I may limp in EP in very loose-passive games, muck otherwise. In MP it depends who has limped and how likely the pot will get raised behind me. In LP I limp behind or open-raise.

And of course, I muck to a raise in the vast majority of circumstances.

I follow similar guidelines for AJo/AJs. I loosen up slightly with AQo/AQs in unraised pots.

This is roughly standard, right?
Old 03-05-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: General preflop question

is TAG your style? if so, then obviously this would be standard procedure, except i would be a little more lax with my LP calls with KQs.

if LAG is your style, then mise well pump it up, if not at least call. it's all relative on how comfortable you feel with your post flop play, right?

if you have a great read on 6 of the other 9 at the table, and you feel like you can outplay them, i would say take more chances with the KQo in MP/CO/LP.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:25 AM

I think this really depends on how the other players view you. if you're folding KQ in MP then my guess is you're quite rocky. since that's the case, you probably won't get action unless you're beat, so go ahead and fold it, just remember to raise somthing they won't expect every once in a while to subsidize your tightness.

remember, any table image is ok so long as you play optimally for that given image.

fim
Old 03-05-2005, 03:55 AM

That's probably a pretty fair assessment. In full games I've developed a pretty strong aversion to building top pair hands