Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Party $25 NL 6 max and SOME GOOD

I'm not sure how tedious this is or sounds like, but I figured I'd throw it out there. I've only been playing on the Party $25 NL 6 max tables for a week now, but I'm making a killing. I'm averaging $50 an hour there.

Basically, my strategy has been to make a semi-decent raise preflop with a hand, say $3 on average, and then if I get any piece of the flop, I bet the pot and attempt to take down the pot there. If I get called, I attempt to outplay them throughout the pot. If I bet and get raised, I usually lay it down.

I'm playing extra loose. The majority of my money has been won off of 53s and 76s. At the moment, the people are playing anything on the flop, and will fold to alot of bigger bets. I try to find the tables where people have huge stacks, because the ability to break them by playing extra-loose is extremely easy.

At this point in time, I'm not sure whether or not NL or limit is a better bet for me. I tried playing 3/6 after killing the NL tables for awhile, and I began to get frustrated with the infinite number of suckouts. The only problem with it is that in order to make a ton of cash, you have to put out there that you're a loose player, that way all your raises when you have the nuts will see action. It kind of sucks taking down $3 and $4 pots at a time, but in the end I think it will be worth it.

Sorry if this has been posted before or something like it, but I just had to post this.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Party $25 NL 6 max and SOME GOOD

Some good what?

I don't think this is a coherent strategy. Why only bet with some part of the flop? It's either good enough to go to the river or has a redraw to a monster, or it isn't. If you are going to raise with s--- just to pot bet, why only pot bet when you hit?

Also I don't think the way to make money at these tables is by making others fold in raised pots so much as getting them to pay you off when your edge is large. I do agree with the large stack hunting, but not with playing extra loose.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Party $25 NL 6 max and SOME GOOD

As this is not how I play at all, Id be interested to know how this works out for you over a longish period of time. There are so many incredibly loose players in that game that I'd be a little tentative trying to constantly push people off their hands, but please repost after you have 20-30K hands logged.