Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 02:41 AM

Default AK ON THE BUTTON 50nl

A friend of mine was in a 50nl game and I want to know the correct play for him. sb/bb and 2 others mid posistion called down the blinds to him and he raised 4 pre flop. 4 others called and he floped Ah Ks 4c.....
Checked down to him and he bet $3 on the flop...pos 4 and 5 call.

Turn is 7d ////he bets $3/////pos 5 calls

River is a 2c he goes all in($30)////pos 5 calls

Please help my friend out ...I think there are a few huge mistakes....

Trips could of easily slow played...
Im lost for words....
How bad can you bash on this play....????
Old 12-02-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: AK ON THE BUTTON 50nl

he raised to 4 then bet 3 on the flop into a $16+ pot. Everyone is now getting over 5-1 to chase against your two pair--this is a major mistake. (despite the fact it is going to be hard for anyone to catch anything that'll beat that hand)

Betting 3 on the turn (into a $25+ is another major mistake--they can now chase almost everything and be getting odds to suckout on you)

Moving allin on the river with the cards that are out there isn't that bad. But he's really hoping somebody has also hit two pair when he might have been allin on the turn against someone else drawing dead anyway. Waiting till the river makes it more likely for an opponent with a weaker holding to fold.

Trips usually is a bit too anxious to get that stack in much earlier in the hand. He got a call--so your buddy should have won this hand.

He also should have bet more at least on the turn though.

I don't like the wait till the river strategy since it's way too easy for a weird board to hit and then the other guy won't call.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you said the other guy had 35 though... lol
Old 12-02-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Re: AK ON THE BUTTON 50nl

Your friend needs to learn how to bet. 1/2 pot the flop (hope to get re-raised), on the turn I'm looking at stack sizes and figuring out what it's going to take to get all the money in.