Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Do I need to bet to win this pot?

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's mental spewing to think there's value in a bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the mental image. This will help more than you know as I often overthink at the table.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's mental spewing to think there's value in a bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the mental image. This will help more than you know as I often overthink at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers...
Old 11-28-2005, 08:04 PM

I don't understand the flop raise.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:44 PM

PF I either raise or fold this hand. If I know the blinds won't fold then I don't even consider playing it. How many disagree with this?

Now I'm not the best stats interpretor. I know villan is very loose and I think that .75 means he is pretty passive postflop although when he is playing 65% of his hands maybe not so. Now when a passive player bets out on that flop I tend to but them on a good hand (likely trips)rather than a draw. How many disagree with me on this?

This means I would just fold the flop(how bad??). The flop raise is great to push the weak BB off a better hand, but again I feel we are almost always behind UTG+2 and drawing to very few outs.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF I either raise or fold this hand. If I know the blinds won't fold then I don't even consider playing it. How many disagree with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

A terrible player, 2 random hands and A2s on the button. I can't get my money in the pot fast enough!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:54 PM

Even against a weak player seeing 65% of his flops, do you think A2s is strong enough to isolate with? These players play a lot of baby ace hands that can get you into trouble.....
Old 11-29-2005, 04:04 AM

My 3 Cents:

First of all, for those of you who are lobbying for a raise pre-flop, that is the worst of your 3 options. first of all, and let's not kid ourselves here, but the blinds are not going to fold. so sure you have position after the flop, but your hand is very weak. you HAVE to flop an ace toplay, and thats probably not going to happen. because if you dont flop an ace (or a freak straight or flush/draw) someone almost certainly flopped a pair and they're not likely to just give up. So idont think you have any sort of raise equity here. raising preflop isjust pissing away money.

the preflop decision is between calling and folding. both have merits and their respective arguments. i think folding is the best play. this hand just doens't have alot of value. youd want to call here if there were about 3 or 4 more limpers in front of you. also one of the blinds could raise and youd have to put in 2 bets with the worst hand. (which is what happened here) the only thing you have going for you here is position but that doesn't overcompensate for your sub-par hand.

on the flop, the best play is just to fold. the BB could be trapping and going for a check raise, and when the limper bets out like that, he either has you beat or hes bluffing, and since you dont' know, and you could be drawing dead, you fold and dont worry about and wait till you accually have a hand to put money in the pot. but if you folded preflop you wouldn't have to make that decision in the first place

-kunta