Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-27-2005, 02:55 PM

Default What is my huge leak?

Hey guys,

After playing about 5k hands, I am wondering why I seem to be consistantly losing at this game....I must have a huge leak somewhere, and I am just trying to find it..Thanks guys, here are my stats from PT:

VP$P 22.37
VP$P from SB: 38.92%
Att. to steal blinds: 31.58%
Won $ when saw flop: 23.97%
Amount won: -62.82
Went to showdown: 33.14%
Won $ at showdown: 47.87%
Preflop raise: 5.99(I would do this more at higher limits but should I do it more also at smaller limits?)
Aggro Factor: 1.26

So can anyone tell me where I can improve at? Also, since I'm playing micro-limits, what is one of the stats that I should maybe have different numbers for playing micro vs higher limits(ex. on .5/.10 you should have a VP$P of 24, but on $3/$6 it should be 20.5)

Thanks a bunch
Old 11-27-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: What is my huge leak?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

After playing about 5k hands, I am wondering why I seem to be consistantly losing at this game....I must have a huge leak somewhere, and I am just trying to find it..Thanks guys, here are my stats from PT:

VP$P 22.37
Preflop raise: 5.99(I would do this more at higher limits but should I do it more also at smaller limits?)

So can anyone tell me where I can improve at? Also, since I'm playing micro-limits, what is one of the stats that I should maybe have different numbers for playing micro vs higher limits(ex. on .5/.10 you should have a VP$P of 24, but on $3/$6 it should be 20.5)

Thanks a bunch

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP might be a bit high, but at the micro's you should be fine as you will still be playing better hands than your opponents who are seeing 30+% of flops. As a general rule of thumb you want your VPIP to be about 5% less than the table average.

Won$When saw flop is generally in the 30% range and you are around 24% which would indicate to me that you are running bad. You can get back to break even with one big session, so 5K hands is really a drop in the bucket.

After each session review any hands where you lost more than 3 BB's and figure out if you could have done something different.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:10 PM

Stats thread
Old 11-27-2005, 03:12 PM

You are 23/5 preflop. Change this to 23/12 or something. Im 25/15 when I play fullring right now but I think thats a bit too loose but not by much.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:12 PM

Look at how much you are ahead or behind when trying to steal the blinds. It isn't uncommon to find people who will not fold their blinds, ever. You may have run into them and need to tighten up what you are making steal attempts with. And again 5k hands isn't enough to get an idea of what is going on.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

VP$P 22.37

Thanks a bunch

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit open limping with small pp and Axs. These type of hands should be played in position after a couple of limpers. These two adjustments should solidify your overall strategy because you'll be in less marginal spots post flop.

Just a shot in the dark, but I'm right aren't I?

Oh yeah. Don't ever slowplay at these levels.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:28 PM

As I'm sure all the other posters told you (I didn't look yet) 5k hands isn't really enought to talk about stats. But I have two recommendations:

1) You really really do need to PFR more. Read SSHE.
2) Your agression seems really low. Read SSHE.

It looks like your won $ WSF is low, but that could be because you aren't agressive enough or just because 5k hands is meaningless.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quit open limping with small pp and Axs. These type of hands should be played in position after a couple of limpers. These two adjustments should solidify your overall strategy because you'll be in less marginal spots post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this advice. His VPIP is barely high at all, it's his PFR that needs work.

Also, many micro players play all pocket pairs. If you can't limp Axs and low pp up front, you are at the wrong .5/1 table.

At 1/2 or 2/4, your advice is very sound. I'm still gonna play my pocket pairs though.

The slowplaying thing is pretty much right though.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:55 PM

It looks like you're way too passive, and running poorly over 5k hands. My precription: play another 5 or 10k while value-betting more (especially on the river, I'm guessing based on typical play with these numbers) and then give us some more numbers in the stats thread.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im 25/15 when I play fullring right now but I think thats a bit too loose but not by much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds as if you play a full ring table like a 6-max table. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]