Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 07:47 PM

Default $2/$4 FPS or good read?

have been experimenting with these kinda plays recently, don't know if they're always +EV, but hey, how will you know if you've never even tried right?

anyway, villain seemed kinda tight/passive, hasn't been raising PF with anything kinda. so i figured he was like definitely on AA/KK/QQ since not many $2/$-kids have the skills to cap it with less, especially not the weaktighties. i basically thought i could push him out if he didn't have the unlikely AA, and it wouldn't be hard to get out if he showed strength. a stronger player might play back at me with KK/QQ, but i didn't make that read on him, so...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 10-17-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: $2/$4 FPS or good read?

Given that he posted, I think you have to give him a wider range as even the kinda-nitty guys will tend to find a spot like this to get out of line.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:55 PM

true, but if that would be the case, wouldn't a decent chance exist that i am actually ahead?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:01 PM

I like it. Fold to a 3-bet on the flop, fold to a CR on the turn and check behind on the river.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
true, but if that would be the case, wouldn't a decent chance exist that i am actually ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it makes call, call, call more attractive (but not nessiarly better than your line.)
Old 10-17-2005, 08:14 PM

so you would say that calling down player you read as weak-tight in this spot is a superior play? you don't agree that AA/KK/QQ is the most likely holdings? if he doesn't have either KK or QQ in this spot, i'm screwed. you can't really think he has something tarded like KJo in this spot, can you?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't agree that AA/KK/QQ is the most likely holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, a lot of players raise their post and would cap with any two decent cards. The fact that he is posting in MP may be an indicator that he cant wait for some action.

[ QUOTE ]
you can't really think he has something tarded like KJo in this spot, can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Smells like paint or a pair to me.

I like the line you took, the player you described would fold without the A or a set.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:18 AM

Top stuff, that capper was adisgrace to all cappers everywhere.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]