Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 05:27 PM

Default c/r all-in with the nut straight oop, silly or standard?

Table is weak/tight/passive with a couple soft spots (BB is one)
BB is a big fat loose/passive fish.
No read on CO yet

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($37.20)
UTG+1 ($47.15)
MP1 ($37.90)
MP2 ($132.90)
CO ($52.40)
Button ($16)
Fnord ($102.20)
BB ($32.65)

Preflop: Fnord is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Fnord completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Fnord checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $1.5</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, CO calls $1.50, Fnord calls $1.50.

Turn: ($7) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Fnord checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Fnord raises to $100.2 (all-in)</font>
Old 10-14-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: c/r all-in with the nut straight oop, silly or standard?

Bet the flop is how I would play, this is a great flop because there aren't any draws and basically the odds someone has a J or maybe TT/99 aren't too high.

Seeing has how both players are short I think you can push this less hard. Make it $20 now, push the river.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seeing has how both players are short I think you can push this less hard. Make it $20 now, push the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the action, what hands call $20 that wouldn't call their stack in this game?
Old 10-14-2005, 05:53 PM

Actually, I think that's just the point. You want to extract maximum value here. You can reraise, even minreraise, and keep a set or some foolish 2pr in. You're probably going to lose any gutshot draws, but you also might get the set to come back at you all in b/c your straight is pretty well-hidden.

Remember, the closer the 2nd best hand is to your hand, the more you'll make off the pot. Trap him into putting you all in.

Also, you're more likely to get a call here on the turn and have a player with a good 2nd best hand stay with you to the river. On the river you can value bet, and you're more likely to make more money over the long run.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:59 PM

I think plenty of hands can get away from this huge overbet that won't get away from a small overbet. I'd try making it around $30 and then shoving the rest in on any river.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:08 PM

i think i c/r it to about the BB stacksize here.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:10 PM

I lead the flop here in unraised pots virtually every single time.

Given how it was played, I think a c/r to 20 on the turn would've been better. Sometimes you might get paid off, but the vast majority of the time everyone folds, and you don't need the nuts to make that happen.

Kirk

PS. I meant the way you played, sir.