Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-16-2005, 04:47 PM

Default TT facing scary board

BB is: 41,7/11/0,57
MP1 is: 43/9,6/0,54

They sure love seeing flops...

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero...

Line check? Should I bet the flop?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: TT facing scary board

:grunch:

I fold the turn. With that kind of a flop and 4 players still in, the chances of someone connecting with the flop are too great for my taste.

But, since it's checked around to you on the river, I just check behind, expecting one of those two to turn over K-weak kicker.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:06 PM

I usually bet the flop, that might be a leak though. I'm interested in other responses as well. If called I'll usually check the turn behind, as there weren't any flush draws ont he flop and openended str8 draws aren't very likely since I've got two of the tens, I don't mind giving a free card. (Although if I found myself HU on the turn I'd probably bet.)

As played here, you have to check the river; how many worse hands really call?

I think this type of flop gives you alot of Fold Equity. I'd bet it.

The way it was played I'd check the river through.

Before a couple of weeks ago I would have never bet this flop but I have started betting similar flops recently and winning with them. We have position here so I think a bet is a good bet to protect. If we get check-raised, oh well, but I think just checking doesn't improve our chances to win on later streets where a bet would.

As played I would bet on the river since they booth look pretty passive. I think MP1's turn bet was a foolish attempt to pick up the pot.

This is where I really like having fold to bet stats on PAHUD. If both are of 50% fold to bet on river and are overall passives it is a lock bet for me.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:18 PM

I would definitely bet that flop. In last position it's a particularly strong value-bet. I think I'd also raise the turn, not thinking that the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was particularly helpful to MP1 this is probably a weak steal attempt by a pretty passive player.

On the river I'd just check through.

TPK
Old 12-17-2005, 06:29 AM

Ok, bet the flop. That was my original thought too but I could see myself getting check raised here a ton of times.

Anyway, I did bet the river and BB folded and SB called showing AJ
Old 12-17-2005, 09:04 AM

I bet the flop and never put anymore money into this pot unless I improve.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, bet the flop. That was my original thought too but I could see myself getting check raised here a ton of times.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get check raised, you can probably fold here--you have maybe 3 outs--not enough to call. If you get raised, at the minimum you are behind a K and more than likely a Q (you could be getting raised be JT, but that is far less likely).