Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-22-2005, 11:46 AM

Default AJs in BB

How'm I gonna win this pot? The whole table is loose. They all like to play tricky and call down with anything. Is this flop worth a bet?

Button's LRR had me thinking a high pocket pair or AK AQ. Although with that many limpers I don't know why he wouldn't raise first. All the other tards I don't know. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Cryptologic 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP folds.

River: (17.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>,
Old 12-22-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: AJs in BB

Grunch

I'm torn between raising and calling, but... I think I would have to raise, and hope CO and button come along. Did you consider betting the turn ?

And did the crypto's loosen up?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:56 AM

*grunch*

You have two overs, BDSD, and BDFD, so the flop is a definite call. With the button 3-betting BF, I would have checked it hoping to c/r and face the field with two bets and fold out some weaker aces or maybe a 6 or 7 that hit the board. Once MP bets it's a little too strung out for that, so I call, too.

With SD and FD, I call the turn as well. I'm a little weirded out by CO waking up on the turn, but he could just be betting a FD or have made a small straight.

Once the 8 hits on the river I'm only afraid of JQ, so I bet/call.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And did the crypto's loosen up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think their 12 days of Christmas brought out the fishies. Lots of Euros in the mornings, but dead evenings (US time).

10 $500 giveaways today for one raked hand.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:09 PM

flop check is fine.
turn is ok
raise river, button may have JJ, but likely sees the straight out there and wants to get a fold. I think you take the whole pot here. CO has an 8 and got screwed.

edit: happy b-day
Old 12-22-2005, 12:13 PM

Grunch:

Cap preflop. See Miller about building big pots pf.

Flop: The pot is huge. You have bd straight and flush draws and 2 overs. check and call. You can probably fold if it's 3 bets back to you (I might play for 2 bets even)

Turn: You now have a flush draw and a gutshot in a monster pot. You will win more than 1/5th of the time. We can build a big pot here based on equity, right? Anyone want to calculate what our equity is exactly?

River: There is a straight on the board, no one is folding and you only lose to JQo. I would probably just bet out and hope that somebody raises. You may split.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:08 PM

Not sure the BD straight draw on the flop is worth much, but you must have at least 3 outs which is enough for a call. Betting out doesn't protect your hand and not much point in a c/r, so check/call looks OK.

On the turn you have 9 outs to the nuts and the gutshot: folding isn't an option. From the betting I would be amazed if hitting the J or A would be enough to win, so again raising would be fruitless (no point in protecting outs and you don't want to thin the field).

I think the river action is a close decision. If you think CO will overcall but not call a raise, then call (I can't see you getting more than 1 extra bet from button and he certainly isn't folding). It's hard to put CO or button on QJs (which is all you are worried about) because why would button reraise preflop, or CO raise on the turn? But stranger things happen....
Old 12-22-2005, 04:23 PM

with the CRR PF, I might cap and then lead the flop. I would lead the river (CO either has 2 pair or an 8 is my guess on the turn). I really think everything looks fine the way you played it except for not leading the river.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would lead the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as you didn't, I c/r.