Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Denny and Bart and the 400...

Just got done watching the live@the bike 400 game...

very interesting...i watched the whole time through and enjoyed it a bunch...

a couple of things that i can't remember but wanted to say...something about bart's commentary on the hands and how i think one time there was some real clear reason why a player did something on the turn that he commented as an unknown play or something...

faulty memory to blame for that one...but his other commentary about cici's (sp?) check on the AKxQ board on the turn last to act was dead on. along with some commentary about the 33 where somebody bet 33 after being checked to on an A5K2 board on teh turn and got checkraised. bart clearly stated that he had to call but didn't mention pot size as the primary reason for the call (i think that may have been the thing...). then on the river, the 33 person hit the gutshot (OH THIS WAS IT!!) and the checkraise bet into him and the straight just flat called...but the 4 also brought in a flush which is popular semibluff hand on the turn, which he commented on frequently...

all in all though it was a great broadcast and i was surprised that 2+2 got a lot of mentions...and that Rick nebiolo played with bart so frequently and neither of them can pronounce each others' names...that was kinda funny...

so thats all i can remember right now...just trying to get all those thoughts done while they're still accessible to short term memory lol...

anybody else have something they liked/didn't like?

-Barron
Old 02-25-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Denny and Bart and the 400...

[ QUOTE ]
Just got done watching the live@the bike 400 game...

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I see Bike management is now aware that 2+2 rules. They were astonished at the number of threads, posts and views regarding "Live at Bike" and are taking the suggestions very seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
all in all though it was a great broadcast and i was surprised that 2+2 got a lot of mentions...and that Rick nebiolo played with bart so frequently and neither of them can pronounce each others' names...that was kinda funny...

[/ QUOTE ]

I left the Bike around 8:00 pm and was answering questions at home on one monitor while watching the web cast on my other monitor. Apparently Bart and Denny had a connection in the web cast booth to the 2+2 thread on the TV forum and Bart saw me call him Brad (in a post) for I think the second or third time (one time it was in a game). BTW, I can pronounce Bart's name fine, I just get mixed up in my hurried state now and then and call him Brad (I'm borderline senile [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]). Few, including Brad, can pronounce my last name, although Denny got it right tonight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
so thats all i can remember right now...just trying to get all those thoughts done while they're still accessible to short term memory lol...

anybody else have something they liked/didn't like?

[/ QUOTE ]

We are all ears. Note that tomorrow we will web cast the $500 NL game and Greg Raymer may either play or do commentary. On Saturday I might play in the $200 Live at Bike NL game (if it isn't too busy - I host the NL section on Saturdays).

~ Rick
Old 02-25-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Few, including Brad, can pronounce my last name, although Denny got it right tonight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed that I called Bart "Brad" again and it wasn't intentional! I hope they come up with a cure for senility soon [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 02-25-2005, 02:27 PM

I watched it for the first time last night and it was very entertaining and well done.

The commentators are fine, but I think they talk a little too much. Sometimes I would rather hear the table talk that is going on.

Also, Bart doesn't need to give an opinion on every single play.

It was nice that they were reading 2+2 and responding to questions. Denny's response to the question about massages was very funny.

This should be required viewing for anyone who thinks that they should move up in limits to avoid suckouts.

In my opinion this is more entertaining than the WPT.