Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 10:03 PM

Default K9s turns the 2nd nut flush with a 1 outer to the SF

First I have to say, I have over the past 3 months spewed some cash(over $700) at the .5/1 and 1/2 6 max trying to learn it and clear the $200 in Bonus I got for depositing on UB. I stopped and went back with my remaining $100 to try to clear the $161.59 that I had of the bonus left. I am doing it at the .05/.1 full ring just because I am bored out of my mind, and to prove to myself that I can control my tilt issues [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. So don't be hatin'!

BB is a SLAP with 28.57% VP$IP and PFR 9.52%(Mostly PFR for Pocket Pairs)
SB is a fish with 48% VP$IP and PFR 2.67%

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Big Steve is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Big Steve calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Big Steve calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Big Steve bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Big Steve calls, SB calls.

Since BB raised preflop I had him down to this range(AA-88, AKs-ATs, QJs and maybe J9s) I personally put him on a set of tens at this point. Fish could have had anything?

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Big Steve raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Big Steve caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

This made my 2nd nut with the 1 outer to the SF. I do not think he has the Nuts, He is always raising PF with Pocket Pairs and he is not the type to play Axs. With his 2 raises I gave him a slim chance to have the Axs. I honestly, at this point thought he had turned a set of Queens or was trying to take it down with a set of tens.

River: (18 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Big Steve bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Big Steve calls, SB calls.

At this point I assume I am beat either with the Nut flush or Quad Queens, or hell even tens full of queens.

Final Pot: 24 BB

So I ask, How bad did I [censored] this one up???

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: K9s turns the 2nd nut flush with a 1 outer to the SF

I'm assuming you're playing this hand for flush value. If that's the case, 3-bet the flop. We've got enough people here to warrant it. The turn is fine. I'm just calling the river c/r.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you're playing this hand for flush value. If that's the case, 3-bet the flop. We've got enough people here to warrant it. The turn is fine. I'm just calling the river c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once he c/r's the flop after raising preflop, the probability that he has a set (T's) just went up considerably. Thus, our equity isn't big enough to 3bet the flop. This hand was well played.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:44 PM

Dont open limp from CO first off. Fold or raise.

3-bet the flop while the price is cheap and SB is willing to hang around bloating the pot for us.

On the flop the villian has to put you on a flush and he isnt too much concerned with it, so I call his 3 bet and start also wondering what SB is hanging around with. Is it at all possible he is sitting on the diamond Ace and is just letting you monkeys build his pot?

River probably plays a bit different if you dont cap the turn.

Given your read I would expect BB to show a house about 95% of the time. More curious about what tied SB to this hand for so long though.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:51 PM

I dont see why your making such a big deal with this one. You most likely won 24bb, you did fine.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:16 AM

I read the hand again and it looks like we only have 3 people on the flop. It says four, but I recounted and I only see 3. Same thing with the turn. Given that there's one less person padding this pot, yes, I'd probably just call here rather than 3-bet it.

Edit: forgot about the pre-flop raise from BB. I think an over pair like Aces or Kings is playing this the same way.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:44 AM

Default RESULTS and the hands...

Thanks for all the help!!!

24BB pot....I did not win

BB had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB hung in all the way to Showdown with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Yes, all 3 players made Diamond Flushes on the Turn, YUCK!!!

Old 12-18-2005, 02:47 AM

Just notices the 4 players-3 players thing. I wonder if some how bisons converter is messing up because I put a space in Big Steve?

There were definately only 3 players.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:24 AM

Looks fine, 'cept that I'm raising for folding PF.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:45 AM

Oh, I didn't even look at preflop. Yeah, raise preflop. Open-limping from the CO is terrible.