Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 11:16 PM

Default A Post Splitting Suggestion for Elite Players-MLG et al

I suggest that the board have an "elite" section. Posting rights to this section would be strictly limited to players who have demonstrated consistent, winning play at high buy-ins. Reading rights would be open to all 2+2 members.

I envision high quality posts from all the very best players on 2+2. At the same time, players with less experience will be able to benefit from the deep, meaningful exchanges.

I think this is the solution to the problems discussed in several recent posts by woodguy, MLG and others.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: A Post Splitting Suggestion for Elite Players-MLG et al

A couple of reactions to this idea. First, I think that the problems posed by establishing a group of posters would impossible to overcome. Honestly, it was decided it wasn't even a good idea to list which players were elite in the FAQ, how would we be able to decide on who was elite enough to post? Secondly any forum like that would undoudbetdly hurt the existing "non-elite" forum. That doesnt seem fair to me. A split wouldnt hurt the existing forum, just make it easier to manage. While I do admit there is something appealing about the idea of having a discussion group limited to top players, i dont think these forums are the right arena for it.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of reactions to this idea. First, I think that the problems posed by establishing a group of posters would impossible to overcome. Honestly, it was decided it wasn't even a good idea to list which players were elite in the FAQ, how would we be able to decide on who was elite enough to post? Secondly any forum like that would undoudbetdly hurt the existing "non-elite" forum. That doesnt seem fair to me. A split wouldnt hurt the existing forum, just make it easier to manage. While I do admit there is something appealing about the idea of having a discussion group limited to top players, i dont think these forums are the right arena for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm naive, but what if we made it self-selecting? I mean I certainly wouldn't try to get included on the posting list, but I'd read the hell out of a board like this. I think most of this "Elite" know who they are (though most would probably say, "Aw, shucks, ma'am, I'm not that good.") and will act responsibly.

And if, down the road, some donkey decides he's elite based on his single luckbox win in a Party Super Wednesday, we can worry about it then.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:38 PM

We already have a forum like this, we just don't show it to non-members because the secrets contained therein, if available to the masses, would cease to make poker profitable for anyone.

I assure you that your vision of high quality, and deep, meaningful insight do not begin to describe the magnitude of what is discussed in this forum.

Amongst other things, we have figured out how to win coinflips in 99.9% of cases, we have mapped out the World Series of Poker through 2018, and, despite claims of the opposite from rival groups, it is in fact we who are solely responsible for the fame of Steve Guttenburg.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:39 PM

MLG,

I want a poster of you to put on my wall. How much and can I get it autographed?

I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with it) but do you have one in a white tee shirt?

Sincerely,

A Fan
Old 12-23-2005, 11:45 PM

How about if, instead of letting elite players select themselves, every forum member can decide whom they consider elite and make an effort to read posts by those individuals. And maybe we could even set it up so that those who were not elite could still post responses to things that the elite posters write. And, they could make posts of their own, and the elite players might even respond to them!

I, for one, would never self-select as elite, but I know that my small cadre of fanatical readers would be disappointed if I were not a regular contributor in any elite forum!
Old 12-24-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We already have a forum like this, we just don't show it to non-members because the secrets contained therein, if available to the masses, would cease to make poker profitable for anyone.

I assure you that your vision of high quality, and deep, meaningful insight do not begin to describe the magnitude of what is discussed in this forum.

Amongst other things, we have figured out how to win coinflips in 99.9% of cases, we have mapped out the World Series of Poker through 2018, and, despite claims of the opposite from rival groups, it is in fact we who are solely responsible for the fame of Steve Guttenburg.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but ... how'd you sneak in? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest that the board have an "elite" section. Posting rights to this section would be strictly limited to players who have demonstrated consistent, winning play at high buy-ins. Reading rights would be open to all 2+2 members.

I envision high quality posts from all the very best players on 2+2. At the same time, players with less experience will be able to benefit from the deep, meaningful exchanges.

I think this is the solution to the problems discussed in several recent posts by woodguy, MLG and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

would other be able to post comments. if not, it may be a little slow on that board since elite is called "elite" for a reason. there are very few elite and those that are, probably have less time to post than we do. just a thought.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:51 AM

OK. Based on some of the posts, "elite" was probably a bad word choice. I still think the idea bears further consideration. As a response to the valid points you raised please consider the following:

1. Posting rights could be based on documented achievments. For example, a criteria detailing required achievements.

2. This forum would exist within the greater mtt community.

BTW, O.T. People who, on the river fill 2 gut-shots w/in an hour, should finish higher than 6th. lol
Old 12-24-2005, 02:40 AM

well, if I hadn't lost 3 coinflips 2 of which would have given me the chip lead, and 1 of which would have out me in 2nd i would have. and on the first gutshot I actually had 7 outs on the river (as you well know). but yes, on the whole it was a fairly dissapointing result especially given the texture of the final table.
Closed Thread